Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 32 of 32

User Info Menu

15 inch Yunzhi

Mostly Acoustic sound

Mostly Electric sound

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Listening with laptop speakers, but not bad at all. Sounds good !

Specially surprised by the acoustic sound, since the top has the two pickups set in.

User Info Menu

I just listened to this and was rather surprised as to how that gypsy sound came through on the electric version of the recording. Not sure that sound comes the style of play, or if you have the guitar set up in some special way for gypsy style.

User Info Menu

I have a 15 inch Yunzhi. (that was not my video tho)
    When it arrived, I opened in up with two of my guitar buddies.
    Acoustically, they both said it sounded more like a Gypsy guitar.
    Yunzhi guitar is carved very thin like a flat top acoustic.
    It resonates like an acoustic guitar. Feedback easily.
    On the 15 inch, it is a bit bright compare to the Gibson Jazz guitar sound that we are all used to.
    The attack is sharp and bright.
    Playing it acoustically is like playing an acoustic guitar.
    I installed a Kent Armstrong 12-pole resin cast floating pickup on it, experimented with 0.033uf (too bright), 0.047uf caps and different tone knob resistance and settle with 0.047uf and 250K ohm knob. (I consulted Mr. Armstrong himself, thanks!!!)
    Now it started to sound like a vintage jazz guitar when tone knob is at 1/3 up.

According to the descriptions, the gypsy piece was recorded acoustically. Most likely with the camcorder mic.

User Info Menu

I've had 3 Yunzih guitars and commissioned a 4th so IMHO I think it is difficult to go wrong with them. I like this on:

14 inch yunzhi handmade cutaway archtop electric guitar, View electric guitar, YUNZHI Product Details from Beijing Yunzhi Hengwei Music Instruments Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

I too am considering a small body, but later down the road...

I do not have a 15 but I did just order a 16" with very little info prior to knowing what it sounded like, but it sounds great! here is a little clip i did whilst trying to get a very clear sound so people can really understand what it might sound like. Hope this might help some people make a decision

I do not have a 15 but I did just order a 16" with very little info prior to knowing what it sounded like, but it sounds great! here is a little clip i did whilst trying to get a very clear sound so people can really understand what it might sound like. Hope this might help some people make a decision