The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 38 of 38

User Info Menu

Ditto on the 'gon. Crying shame. I don't even know what has replaced it as have been out of the loop a few years.
    I had 450 Sigs and SL3s. Never got to the higher end of ML before running into horns.

Love the QL-Y66 but never had a Victor that 'young'. Such cool tech (bearing and arm).
    My JVCs are the 81, 101, and 801. I have a passel of Sonys, Denons, and others too.

Back to to your beautiful re-new napolitano!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by Greentone
    Greg,

Nice listening room and Great archtops. Congratulations on the new (old) guitar. It's a beauty. The Sunburst L-5 with the Super Chief looks like it's a winner, too. Those D'Armonds really make those guitars sing, IMO.

The two Heritages are gorgeous blondes, too. What's the guitar amp on the left?

GT
    Thanks GT. The amp is a Headstrong 212 featuring a Weber Blue Ceramic and a Celestian Blue Alnico. It's the first Verbrovibe Wayne built...I retubed it with NOS tubes...she sings.

Actually the L5 had a Lollar humbucker. If it had a SC I'd likely still own it...that was a Hutchin's L5 too.

Last edited by 2bornot2bop; 03-22-2015 at 05:14 PM.

User Info Menu

Ah...I can see that now, going back and looking at the picture. In the pic there was a shadow on the Humbucker, making it look like a gold, single-coil. I thought it was a DeArmond with a neck monkey bar. My favorite pickup for archtops.

Quote Originally Posted by travisty
    Don't know Inspire/Dennis Had. Did know Cary.
    BTW, after retiring from Cary, Dennis has been building amps on his own and selling them individually on feebay. Great guy! I own his 'fire bottle' KT88 SET which allows for rolling lots of different power tubes...I"m currently running a pair of Sophia 300B's in it...unreal huh.

Tube Amplifier Inspire by Dennis Had Firebottle EL84 SE Amazing | eBay

Parks Audio 300B SE Tube Amplifier USA Made All US Iron Stellar Performance | eBay

Last edited by 2bornot2bop; 03-21-2015 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greentone
    Ah...I can see that now, going back and looking at the picture. In the pic there was a shadow on the Humbucker, making it look like a gold, single-coil. I thought it was a DeArmond with a neck monkey bar. My favorite pickup for archtops.
    Yeah, don't I wish it had a '1100 in it!
    I've still not owned one of those yet...and at this point likely will never own one. The SE with the BJB is the cats meow to my ears.

User Info Menu

Nice re-curve

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ArchtopHeaven
    Nice re-curve
    Where did you see that? I just went through all the pics looking and I couldn't find one.

Also, I saw my 1st Napolitano @ GnJ. Spectacular in Sunburst. Had the same pickup (I think 2). Workmanship like the inside of a Maybach.. What a guitar. One day, I'll graduate to a boutique brand.
    Joe D

User Info Menu

Joe, I see recurve in pics #1,5,6,7,8,9.
    Very beautiful headstock, tailpiece, and perfectly sensual top plate curve.
    I'd put a green smiley in here if I could!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by travisty
    Joe, I see recurve in pics #1,5,6,7,8,9.
    Very beautiful headstock, tailpiece, and perfectly sensual top plate curve.
    I'd put a green smiley in here if I could!
    I am an idiot! I thought you guys were talking about a recurve bow! Sorry guys.
    JD

Quote Originally Posted by Joe DeNisco
    Where did you see that? I just went through all the pics looking and I couldn't find one.

Also, I saw my 1st Napolitano @ GnJ. Spectacular in Sunburst. Had the same pickup (I think 2). Workmanship like the inside of a Maybach.. What a guitar. One day, I'll graduate to a boutique brand.
    Joe D
    Joe, do you recall what model? It would have been in small print within the headstock inlay.

Is there a web link to the guitar?

Not that it matters, but the guitar I own is as clean inside as the exterior. Arthur must have been one very meticulous builder.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Joe, do you recall what model? It would have been in small print within the headstock inlay.

Is there a web link to the guitar?

Not that it matters, but the guitar I own is as clean inside as the exterior. Arthur must have been one very meticulous builder.
    2b, no it was hanging directly under the HJS. I didn't take notice. Sorry bud. I checked GBase. The only one that shows up says it's sold. It was the Same model that you bought, sunburst. Said it sold for $1100. Just kidding.. I don't know what it sold for.
    im almost certain the one I saw had 2 pickups. I could be wrong though. I was getting rushed out because I didn't have an appointment. There were 2 other customers there. If you have ever seen this place, it a massive old dilapidated drug store with guitars hanging everywhere. the guitar store is a closet that has probably 50 guitars hanging in the room. No room for walk in's..

Quote Originally Posted by Joe DeNisco
    2b, no it was hanging directly under the HJS. I didn't take notice. Sorry bud. I checked GBase. The only one that shows up says it's sold. It was the Same model that you bought, sunburst. Said it sold for $1100. Just kidding.. I don't know what it sold for.
    im almost certain the one I saw had 2 pickups. I could be wrong though. I was getting rushed out because I didn't have an appointment. There were 2 other customers there. If you have ever seen this place, it a massive old dilapidated drug store with guitars hanging everywhere. the guitar store is a closet that has probably 50 guitars hanging in the room. No room for walk in's..
    Okay, perhaps GJS chose not to list it on gbase. It's rare PV's come up. And yes, the recurve is more pronounced on the PV more so than just about any archtop I've owned. It's one of the things that originally drew me to the guitar. But other than cosmetics I've often wondered how much a recurve truly matters. I've a pair of SE's that have zero noticeable recurve, by comparison, that sing acoustically.
    Last edited by 2bornot2bop; 03-25-2015 at 04:30 PM.

User Info Menu

Wow! Gorgeous! Congrats, sir!