The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 37 of 37

User Info Menu

Thanks. When I bought mine, I was actually looking for a newer one with a floater on it.
    The 165's don't take a back seat to any guitar I've ever owned. I am very happy with it.

Thanks, Joe D

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joe DeNisco
    Hi Guys,
    I think this is the sleeper of the Jazz Guitar world.
    I hope you like..
    JD
    Hi Joe am after one, what is the neck like 92-93 models is it thick, or wide or clubby etc. It mentions Jazz Profile have no idea My Eastman AR371 is great but neck a little wide for me , most would love it.

Regards M

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marvinvv
    Hi Joe am after one, what is the neck like 92-93 models is it thick, or wide or clubby etc. It mentions Jazz Profile have no idea My Eastman AR371 is great but neck a little wide for me , most would love it.

Regards M
    Hi,
    The neck is perfect. Just like the 175. Close to the 371. If you think the 371 is too wide, then you probably wont be happy with the 165.

Whenever I buy a Guitar, I don't expect the neck to be "perfect" for my hands. Like my 137 was like a baseball bat. But as I played it more, I liked it. That's just me. Variety is the spice of life.

Against my previous plans, I might have to sell the 165. Its either the 175 or the 165 that's gotta go. If you are interested (seriously) in a MINT one, PM me. If not, good luck with whatever you choose to do. Have Fun. That's what this is all about!

Thanks, Joe D.

User Info Menu

Hi Joe, Thanks for your reply, The Eastman is not bad, in fact very playable, i felt played someones Gibson 175 the other day and the neck 2mm less wider at the 12th fret , it just feels better.

The Eastman is a great guitar in terms of comfort, it looks good too the headstock is not like Gibson but nice looking, plays very well, for the price amazing the Finnish is very good, I have been spoilt
    my Joe Pass JP20 orig 1980 japan, has a neck that for me is brilliant.

Regards M

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marvinvv
    The Eastman is a great guitar in terms of comfort, it looks good too the headstock is not like Gibson but nice looking, plays very well, for the price amazing the Finnish is very good...
    Indeed they are.
    Hyvä Suomi!

User Info Menu

Sweet! Enjoy the ride. ...I knew it was a Gibby.

User Info Menu

Thank god I missed this for five days.

Five days less of physically painful, frustrated longing & envy.

Please tell me she's quite heavy, I can't deal with heavy guitars anymore.

Congratulations!
    Last edited by rabbit; 02-26-2016 at 10:02 PM.

User Info Menu

What year is that beauty?
    My former guitar teacher and Gibson retailer had to wait a couple months for his special order lefty version when they first came out in the early 90s, his guitar sounded fabulous

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinlander
    What year is that beauty?
    My former guitar teacher and Gibson retailer had to wait a couple months for his special order lefty version when they first came out in the early 90s, his guitar sounded fabulous
    this is a 1999 model. But it is the very definition of the word "mint" or even "better than mint."

I think in the future I will buy far fewer guitars, mainly because now the only person I'd want to buy from is Joe DeNisco, and so that limits the inventory I'd choose from! You buy from Joe, you get something you're really impressed with.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by orri
    Indeed they are.
    Hyvä Suomi!
    Kiitos! (Thank You in finnish.)

And to make this geological sideway of this thread meaningful here is a link to an unused 1999 ES165 for sale here in Finland:

Kitarakuu - Gibson ES165 Herb Ellis 1999

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    this is a 1999 model. But it is the very definition of the word "mint" or even "better than mint."

I think in the future I will buy far fewer guitars, mainly because now the only person I'd want to buy from is Joe DeNisco, and so that limits the inventory I'd choose from! You buy from Joe, you get something you're really impressed with.
    Just so you know, there were at minimum a half dozen of us who wanted to buy that particular guitar from JD...he wasn't in the selling mood...You caught him at the right time...good for you...Just sayin'!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Just so you know, there were at minimum a half dozen of us who wanted to buy that particular guitar from JD...he wasn't in the selling mood...You caught him at the right time...good for you...Just sayin'!
    Believe me, I am feeling very, very fortunate. Like I'm carrying the torch for all you guys!