The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Posts 226 to 228 of 228

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis D
    ......I see a p/g like that and absolutely all I can think of is getting that thing off - like yesterday. Replacement guards are available, and they're good and barely distinguishable from new. And the hardware is lifetime, so that's easy.
    But for the damage that can and does occur from off-gassing, and for as easy a fix as it is, I'd probably be removing the old one in the car on the way home ! : )

Good luck with your search !
    Thank you Dennis D!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I paid a hair less than 5K for my L5ces. It has the binding bleed issue which detracts a bit (superficially) from the looks if you really hunt, but the overall effect of the guitar is one of absolute royalty. When I play it, it takes care of me. My mediocre and cliched lines come out sounding all smooth and smoky, just like they should. When you are a master, any old piece of junk will come to life when you play it. For the rest of us, the best guitar you can get is a major asset to your playing. My L5ces gives me a thrill every single day. It hangs just across from my desk and I see it every time I look up. I can take 5 steps and be playing it for a few moments, then back to work. It's healing and joy-giving.

I have and have had other fine guitars, some in the "just as good as an L5" category, and they were great. But they weren't an L5. Call it whatever you want. I feel like mine was a bargain considering the joy it has given me.

I might just be the class clown who scored a date with the homecoming queen but hey, she's still the homecoming queen.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    I paid a hair less than 5K for my L5ces. It has the binding bleed issue which detracts a bit (superficially) from the looks if you really hunt, but the overall effect of the guitar is one of absolute royalty. When I play it, it takes care of me. My mediocre and cliched lines come out sounding all smooth and smoky, just like they should. When you are a master, any old piece of junk will come to life when you play it. For the rest of us, the best guitar you can get is a major asset to your playing. My L5ces gives me a thrill every single day. It hangs just across from my desk and I see it every time I look up. I can take 5 steps and be playing it for a few moments, then back to work. It's healing and joy-giving.

I have and have had other fine guitars, some in the "just as good as an L5" category, and they were great. But they weren't an L5. Call it whatever you want. I feel like mine was a bargain considering the joy it has given me.

I might just be the class clown who scored a date with the homecoming queen but hey, she's still the homecoming queen.
    “It’s healing and joy giving”. Couldnt agree more with that. And can’t wait to meet with my own homecoming queen.
    By the way, what a beautiful 2015 L5ces that you got. Thank you for the inspiration.