The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 31

User Info Menu

I am interested if anyone is at Namm or has info on this model. Price, more photos anything...

D’Angelico EX-63-ex63-png

D’Angelico EX-63
    A non-cutaway archtop, the EX-63 boasts remarkable playability and comfort. Equipped with an internal mahogany block for resonance, the EX-63 gets impressively loud and snarls when attacked aggressively. Elegance and function come together in a floating ebony bridge leading to D’Angelico’s signature trapeze-style stairstep tailpiece. As with all D’Angelico acoustics, the EX-63 includes the Fishman INK-4 onboard preamp and pickup system

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

D’Angelico EX-63-ex-63-jpg

Vintage sunburst.
    Called about it... will have piezo in bridge and retail ~ 1300-1500

User Info Menu

That is gorgeous. At that price is it pressed?

Hear it here (and see the custom painted guitars that everyone hates in the other thread):
    NAMM '15 - D'Angelico Guitars EX-63 and Gramercy Grand Auditorium Demos | Premier Guitar

They don't mention how the top is made in the video so I'm going to guess not carved.

[edit]
    EX-63 - D'Angelico Guitars | Evolution of a Legacy
    "Equipped with an internal mahogany block for resonance"
    Soundpost??
    Last edited by spiral; 02-07-2015 at 09:49 PM.

User Info Menu

I was told pressed spruce.
    more as i know

User Info Menu

Anyone know scale (please be 25.5 please be 25.5) and bracing (please be parallel tone bars)? I heard it'll have a mahogany tone block.

User Info Menu

New info.
    Called them talked to Adam.

Guitar is 18" on lower bout. Approx 2.5" deep. Will be here Mid March.

I am out. That is really too big for me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lumena
    New info.
    Called them talked to Adam.

Guitar is 18" on lower bout. Approx 2.5" deep. Will be here Mid March.

I am out. That is really too big for me.
    2.5 on an 18! Whats the point?

User Info Menu

D’Angelico EX-63-image-jpg

Isnt 3" actually 2.75"? If so then hopefully a 1/4" won't hurt much. I'm still interested pending scale.

User Info Menu

Looks very tempting -- not convinced about the Piezo though. I'm yet to hear one that sounds useable.
    Pressed top could still sound good though. Will definitely keep an eye on these.

User Info Menu

Hey folks! A little update from D'Angelico about EX-63, official specs just came back from the builder:

A non-cutaway archtop modeled after the last guitar that John D’Angelico ever built, the EX-63 boasts remarkable playability and comfort, featuring an ebony fingerboard and C-shape neck. Elegance and function come together in our floating ebony Electro-Core bridge and D’Angelico’s signature trapeze-style stairstep tailpiece. Complete with Grover Super Rotomatic tuners and our signature Scalini pickguard, the EX-63 has the tendency to outshine.

17-inch body
    spruce top, flame maple back and sides
    maple headstock
    25.5" scale

I'll get back to you about the bracing. Lemme know if you have other questions.

User Info Menu

Scalloped X-bracing

User Info Menu

Glad to hear about 17"
    back in...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by entresz
    Looks very tempting -- not convinced about the Piezo though. I'm yet to hear one that sounds useable.
    Pressed top could still sound good though. Will definitely keep an eye on these.
    Round soundhole... Think sunrise pu.
    D’Angelico EX-63-image-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by lumena
    D’Angelico EX-63-ex-63-jpg

Vintage sunburst.
    Called about it... will have piezo in bridge and retail ~ 1300-1500
    Why did I have to see this?

User Info Menu

I don't see controls and a tuner on the side of the upper bout like the other new acoustic D'Angelico guitar demonstrated in the video. The description online doesn't say what kind of pickup it has. Does this mean it has a piezo pickup somewhere on or near the bridge, an endplug and no controls? Has anyone tried one?

User Info Menu

It's pressed Spruce top and laminated maple back and sides. I just bought one for $1,200 with shipping.
    One of the best investments I have made in a long time. Plays like butter and sounds GREAT. I Love It ..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1Stringman1
    It's pressed Spruce top and laminated maple back and sides. I just bought one for $1,200 with shipping.
    One of the best investments I have made in a long time. Plays like butter and sounds GREAT. I Love It ..
    Where?

User Info Menu

What about the electronics?

User Info Menu

Any more views/opinions on this guitar?

User Info Menu

Here's a new video demo of the EX-63 from Andreas Schultz at Leftover Visuals for Akustik Gitarre magazine 2-2016 issue. It's part 4 of 5 and the rhythm track can be found on part 3. It doesn't sound bad for a piezo pickup.

User Info Menu

I LIKE IT!!!

Gads, would somebody PUHLEEZE tell the movers and shakers at Heritage to open a tobacco sunburst sprayer's school, pretty please?

THAT is one git I'd buy despite the black to orange color AND those GINORMOUS fret markers, but TG they offer it in natural, I can't wait to I see one locally.

On the piezo...

I have a Takamine that has a GREAT flattop sound with a piezo, THEN if I could get a sound hole pup to do the arch top sound, with a stereo jack, and, a Fender super for the soundhole pup, a Fender Acoustasonic for the piezo and, and... I gotta get some air, I'm getting feeling faint. :-)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zephyrregent

Here's a new video demo of the EX-63 from Andreas Schultz at Leftover Visuals for Akustik Gitarre magazine 2-2016 issue. It's part 4 of 5 and the rhythm track can be found on part 3. It doesn't sound bad for a piezo pickup.
    Who is playing the rhythm track? Looper?

Not fair, as Andreas would make a broom stick sound good!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Who is playing the rhythm track? Looper?

Not fair, as Andreas would make a broom stick sound good!
    Yes, it's a loop of him playing the rhythm track on Part 3 of the review.

User Info Menu

I have one of these guitars and am looking at replacing the pick up. The piezo that comes with it sends a pretty bad buzz with a chord. I fixed the buzz problem by going with wireless system but I still don't like not having tone and volume on the guitar.

I'm looking at having this pickup installed, does anyone have any better ideas for a pickup? I'm open to suggestions except for a sound hole style, I'd rather not take away from the sound hole for playing it acoustically.

Thanks!

LR Baggs Anthem Acoustic Guitar Pickup and Microphone

User Info Menu

I thought that the bridge pick up was terrible so I installed a Johnny Smith PU on the neck base and added tone and volume controls on the pick guard. Sounds great but this model as I read, was discontinued. Too bad.
    great guitar for the cost.