The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 56 of 56

User Info Menu

Another vote for the CRex. Yes, 50 watts, but I'd do it anyway. As it's such a good sounding speaker. I doubt 60 watts would blow it, but anything is possible. It's efficient - 101.8 db - so you may not be turning all the way up anyway.

A higher watt (75 watts) but slightly less efficient choice is the WGS G12C. This one is very much in the classic Jensen ceramic vein (C12N), only it actually sounds better to my ears.

MD

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Another vote for Cannabis Rex....

User Info Menu

Sorry C. Rex guys... I went with the Lil Texas! They both seemed like good options but I was just too wary of putting a 50W speaker in the amp, it's old so I don't want to risk it haha

User Info Menu

125 watts, 101.2 dB sensitivity and only 186 grams.... sounds like a great clean jazz speaker that will make your Cube lighter AND louder!

User Info Menu

I realize this is an old thread but I thought I'd mention that I have the same amp and replaced the stock speaker with a warehouse et65 speaker. Sounds great and fits right in.

User Info Menu

I have a recent version Cube 80XL and I installed a Jensen Neo 12-100 8 ohms. Sounds good to my ears! I did have to enlarge the baffle board hole a bit.