The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 33 of 33

User Info Menu

I posted this the other day (and it's very short) but for a first experiment I like it a lot. It was done from the line out on the MB200.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Jim Soloway - Jim, did the fan come on when you used the amp? Mine has never actuated - I think the manual says it only comes on when the amp overheats and mine never has. You can download the manual and check - not sure where mine is at the moment. I considered (and still am) getting another one, but what would be the fun in that. I still like the looks of the Mambo but the BX250 is a lot cheaper. I'm also in the process of getting parts together for my new jazz Tele so I have to watch the $$$. Any thoughts on a good neck HBer around $100? I'm thinking seriously about the Bartolini or the StewMac (seen some good reviews on it). I'd like to try the Loller underwound but that's not in my budget at the moment.

User Info Menu

I have a Crate Powerblock that I am no longer using. PM me if you have any interest in purchasing it.

Michael

User Info Menu

Jim Soloway - here's the blurb from the manual:

Cool Running = Reliability:
    To cool the amp when its being driven hard, we’ve
    designed a temperature sensitive fan cooling system. When
    the amp is under a light load, the fan is off or running at a
    low speed, reducing fan noise. As the amp works harder,
    the fan speed increases to keep everything cool

I've never noticed mine coming on, but it might be running slowly and I just don't notice it. I know you do a lot of recording so it might be more noticeable in a studio situation. Hope this helps!

User Info Menu

Richard M - do you have to use some kind of pedal or pre amp with the Power Block?

User Info Menu

Beautiful - thanks! The GK also has headphone out and aux in, making it good for silent practice, too .

Please post more examples!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Skip Ellis
    Jim Soloway - Jim, did the fan come on when you used the amp? Mine has never actuated - I think the manual says it only comes on when the amp overheats and mine never has. You can download the manual and check - not sure where mine is at the moment. I considered (and still am) getting another one, but what would be the fun in that. I still like the looks of the Mambo but the BX250 is a lot cheaper. I'm also in the process of getting parts together for my new jazz Tele so I have to watch the $$$. Any thoughts on a good neck HBer around $100? I'm thinking seriously about the Bartolini or the StewMac (seen some good reviews on it). I'd like to try the Loller underwound but that's not in my budget at the moment.
    It did but I may have had something sitting on it at the time. I really don't recall. I should have a BX250 by the middle of next week so I'll give a report then. I really like the ideas of the variable contour and level control for the direct out and as you say, the price is very attractive.

As for the neck pickup, I use a DiMarzio 36th Anniversary in all of my guitars so obviously I like it a lot and it's under $100.

User Info Menu

Sorry for the delay.

the settings on my AI are:
    bass - 2 o'clock
    mid - noon
    treble - rolled back to 9 o'clock
    drive is set at noon

the settings on my BX250 are:
    bass - 0
    treble - between 6 and 9
    Lo mid - 0, freq = 200
    Hi mid - 0, freq = 900
    drive is set at 4

seems pretty close to me, but I suppose this could be approached more scientifically