Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 61 of 61

User Info Menu

<<<Just curious, how old are you? >>>

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tucson matt
    <<<Just curious, how old are you? >>>

Congratulations for spending a lot more time on the instrument than on useless internet browsing.

User Info Menu

old Fenders Teles are very expensive!.....:-)

User Info Menu

Part of the PAF magic was that many of them had offset bobbins (due to machine winding inconsistency), meaning the coil wire amount was different between the two bobbins. No science behind it as far a I know unlike APG has put into it. This made the pickup less hum cancelling but brighter in tone. There are many other things that went into the tone. Having said that some of them sounded terrible. All PAFs were not created equal. These APGs sound great.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Kris - Wow, wow! What a gorgeous tone! (And playing!)

I agree with you: that's the best jazz tone I've ever heard for a tele! Thanks for sharing the information.

Andrey - Glad to see you on the forum! Welcome!

I want to get a set of your pickups for a tele that I am slowly putting together from parts.

Please forgive me, but I am a little confused about which model to order. Basically, to be honest, I want to sound like Kris! (Although Kris is at least 10 times a better player than I am! But that's my challenge, not yours .)

So, which model would you recommend that I order?

I understand that the pickups you made for Kris were modified to suit Kris's preferences. I am not that sophisticated to ask for modifications.

Which standard set of your pickups for a telecaster are the closest to "the Kris tone"?
    Last edited by Flat; 11-03-2015 at 06:13 AM.

User Info Menu

Superb sounding pickups ( not to detract from the playing of course ).

Can anyone tell me the exact model(s) please - and how to find the spec' and pricing on the AP site?

Thank you.

User Info Menu

The ones that give the HB sound are the Dual Tone pickups. The 'plus' model is what I ordered. Can't remember exact price but was quite reasonable. Fitting the pickups is easy, they just drop in. Doing the wiring is a different matter, but you can DIY if you are good with a soldering iron. An extra switch OR a switching pot ( no external modification) is required for switching between S/c and HB; you need to specify which.

User Info Menu

Hi,
    I believe, that all my pickups have a great tone , but we need only two.
    For this case we can try something new from APG, maximal vintage correct [TBV-L] Bridge Tele PU with extended mid range and special [TBJAZZ-N] jazzy neck, full and clear with big mid range or [TBDT-N] Dual Tone Neck with special mini switch for HB/SC sounding select. ALL mode hum cancel
    You can contact me be APG web Site - Contact « AP Guitars

Also now we offer different combinations of PU, full range humbucker [JAZZBUCKER] cover or open version in neck and mini in bridge position, but it need some change in guitar.
    Thanks for interest

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat
    Superb sounding pickups ( not to detract from the playing of course ).

Can anyone tell me the exact model(s) please - and how to find the spec' and pricing on the AP site?

Thank you.
    Now I under changing my model line for STRAT and TELE. New functionality and quality of sound was added. I will update my site soon. Now You can ask me by contact form on my web site Contact « AP Guitars or by Facebook. Explain me what You need and I will recommend right models for You.

User Info Menu

APG pickups -the best for jazz Tele-29790356_10216301911324471_5168916698908065792_o-jpgAPG pickups -the best for jazz Tele-29792422_10216301911244469_269441139772227584_o-jpg
    Last edited by apguitars; 06-19-2018 at 03:17 AM.