The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 28 of 28

User Info Menu

A little late to the party but I have both the cube 60 and a mustang iii v2. I can get a very clean setting on the Fender using similar settings that Al-F described. chemiorro, I got my sound in about an hour. Mind you I am using a Les Paul to play my jazz. Sounds great to me.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

meh. I had a Mustang III v1 for a little while. It was fizzy. didn't hold up that well in a combo situation either. I prefer Roland cubes -- and many other amps too. I like the idea of modeling amps, but I'm going to wait a few more years before I dip in again. Superchamp is way better IMO.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Longways to Go
    meh. I had a Mustang III v1 for a little while. It was fizzy. didn't hold up that well in a combo situation either. I prefer Roland cubes -- and many other amps too. I like the idea of modeling amps, but I'm going to wait a few more years before I dip in again. Superchamp is way better IMO.
    I agree about amp modeling, though all the amps you mentioned are modeling amps. And it does keep the amp weight down. Unless you are speaking of the old Roland Cubes. Even the Super Champ XD/X2 uses preamp modeling in its first channel (the XD uses the GDEC modeling and the X2 uses the Mustang modeling). As does the first channel in the Cubes for modeling the JC.