The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GuyBoden
    Dan,

Enjoyed your playing last night at Trefor's Guitar Club, you both played some very nice melodic music and the club members really appreciated it.

Have fun.
    Guy
    Thanks Guy, always enjoy the opportunity. We weren't sure if Trefor would dig 'Spain' by Chick Corea but it seemed to go down ok!

I use Newtone Archtops on both my guitars, 11's on my Ibanez AS153 and 12's on my Eastman T146SMD. I like the snappier response from these as they are a lower tension double wound string.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

PM me your details and we'll sort it out.

User Info Menu

Thanks Jonathan for the info on the Monels. It would be great to hear more about your '39 Es-150. Maybe a new thread if you have the time.

User Info Menu

I like the lower tension of round-core strings, so I'm a fan of the TI's. DR Pure Blues 11's on the 335 and the Pauls, Sunbeam 12's on the Maton, and TI Swing 13's on the Howard Roberts. The Strat gets GHS Nickel Rockers because round cores and whammy bars don't mix. I've looked for coated round-cores, and evidently nobody makes them, the idea being that there's no room for dirt and dead skin to accumulate so a coating isn't necessary. I'll be trying the Pyramids, as they are a little cheaper than the TI's. I'm not a fan of the Chromes though - although they're plenty loud they're awful stiff, and sound bland.

User Info Menu

I've settled on the Pyramid Gold flatwounds for what I do.

User Info Menu

Holy Necro-bumping, Batman!!!