The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 78 of 78

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruger9
    Just in case anyone is interested in a 5E3 circuit on the cheap, it's a head not a combo, and most think it's fugly, but the Joyo Beale Street is a 5E3:
    I have one of these, the come with 2 x 12AX7 pre-amp valves, once you swap out V1 for a 12AY7 it sounds great. I prefer the head/cab setup as I use it for recording I can have the head accessible and the cab in an iso box or another room. I normally use a 1x12 P12R, but also use a 1x12 C12N or a 2x10 P10Q cab depending on the sound I'm looking for.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rufes
    Same here. I like his playing a lot but not what he composes or even his current tone (tele + champ). He sounded way better before imho. I would like to have a record of Julian playing standards with a jazz box.

it is difficult to be stellar as a player and as a composer. He’s way better as a player to me

Perhaps not a standard but..

User Info Menu

A 5E3 was the house amp at Rudy Van Gelder's studio....so I guess you can get a decent sound out of one. I used a '59 Pro and a '59 Twin for a while and it is a beautiful sound when you set them clean.