The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 26 to 50 of 53
    Quote Originally Posted by Pukka-J
    I think the Jamman does use a standard 9V power source?
    yes

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I had the JamMan solo, but returned it for the Stereo version instead.
    It was too confusing trying to work with just one pedal switch and a limited interface.

User Info Menu

The Jamman does, but I read the Solo XT does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko
    The Jamman does, but I read the Solo XT does not.
    incorrect. The solo XT takes a standard 9v dc adapter. It's the stereo that takes a 9v AC (not standard DC) adapter.

User Info Menu

I just ordered the new Ditto X2 Looper. This new version was launched at NAMM and is expected to be in stores in a month or so. It looks like it will be the perfect looper for me. I have been using loopers live on gigs for several years and I need to have a dedicated stop switch, which TC Electronics has now included on the new version. Other than that, this new Ditto X2 retains the simplicity and quality of the original Ditto.

5 minutes of looping time is a limiting factor for practicing IMO.

User Info Menu

It depends on your practicing routine. I usually play a chorus or even part of it and let it loop. A single chorus seldom takes longer than 30 secs. When I want to practice something other I delete the loop, record another progression and go.
    I don't use the looper as a backingtrack, playing complete songs. For that I suppose the JamMan or better still BIAB would be more appropriate.

User Info Menu

I have a Ditto, I like it alot & its the best investment next to a digital recorder I've made to help drive improvement. But I paid around $125 from Amazon, I do wish at times I could save progressions & with such a narrow difference in price, the Jam man looks like a good value.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker
    5 minutes is plenty of memory for live looping, which is what I intend to use the Ditto X2 for. I also have a Boss RC-300, which has 99 loops and three tracks per loop. That's the looper I use when I need more memory, but it is more than you need for live looping on a gig (unless you want to call up saved loops for solo gigs). Everyone has different needs, so there are lots of products out there to suit our individual requirements.
    Keith

User Info Menu

it is very odd that TC don't just put , say even a single Gb chip of memory in there
    (A whole CD is less than 1 Gb)
    memory is so CHEAP now ...... it would cost them maybe 10 bucks a unit

I guess you're practicing some pretty long song forms there JZ !

Quote Originally Posted by pingu
    it is very odd that TC don't just put , say even a single Gb chip of memory in there
    (A whole CD is less than 1 Gb)
    memory is so CHEAP now ...... it would cost them maybe 10 bucks a unit

I guess you're practicing some pretty long song forms there JZ !
    no, actually just 1 chorus like pukka-j. I just like to have dozens of choruses of various tunes and exercises available for practicing with without having to re-record them every time. I also like to copy audio files from the computer onto the memory card and play along with them as well.

User Info Menu

Using a flashback X4 which has a looper similar in quality to the ditto. I ditto all the ditto love above.

User Info Menu

I own a Boss RC-3. I think it is kind of similar to the jamman, for a similar yet a bit higher price.

It's ok. It has very few buttons so many of the featuers are enabled by things like: hold this button, while pluggin in the cable, or hold this button for 3 secs, release it, and press it again.
    That's not very intuative, but making simple backing tracks is really easy, as well as operating it while performing.

There are a few features I would like to have, but it doesn't have. for example
    - metronome on 2 and 4 (there are a few built in drum beats, some can be used as a metronome, but not on 2 and 4, I have solved it by connecting a metronone to the aux in input).
    - record first a short loop and let it repeat itself often while you create another longer loop over it. For example: record 1 bar of drums, then record a 12 bar backing track, where the 1 bar drum loop is repeated 12 times.
    That is not possible with the RC-3.

I wouldn't say that the RC-3 blows my mind. But it does what it says it can do, and I have no complaints about the sound quality.
    It's good for create simple backing tracks (for example 1 track of guitar comping)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NSJ
    I have the Jamman Stereo . You can also import audio -Midi data - ie non guitar backing tracks
    I also have the Jamman Stereo . . the blue one with the 4 foot buttons. I also bought the foot switch along with it. Bought them about a year and a half ago with the most ambitious of intentions. Haven't used it once yet. This thread will act as motivation to fire it up this weekend.

User Info Menu

I actually have both the Jamman like Jack's and the original Ditto. I can't tell any difference in sound, and yes the Ditto is easier to use but does less. I use the Ditto in my practice rig for ideas and to play over changes. I use my Jamman for established tunes I like to play. They are both excellent pedals IMO. I also have BIAB, but I haven't used it in a couple of years.
    Bill

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by orri
    I own a Boss RC-3. I think it is kind of similar to the jamman, for a similar yet a bit higher price...
    I got one and I don't like that you can't set the tempo by entering a number, it has to be by tapping. Otherwise, it's OK for basic stuff and I like that it can do quantizing ( I am not good with stopping the recording just on time).

User Info Menu

Hi all ,
    sorry about the thread revival from yonks ago ...

But I'm thinking of getting a Jamman solo XT

i need a looper with lots of loops and storage time
    this one has 200 loops and 35 mins storage ....
    Great , with the connectivity to the PC to transfer drum loops etc
    wonderfull

It's been a while since it was reased
    So are there any other pedals I should consider too

many thanks

User Info Menu

There are so many looper pedals these days. I like Boss products and have had two of their loopers that I really got a ton of use out of. Still have one (an RC-50, now obsolete but mine is still working fine). The newer Boss loopers have more bells and whistles, available at many different price points. The RC-30 and RC-10R look like good options for you - 3 to 6 hours of storage and 99 slots. If you are open to a mobile device-based looper, Loopy HD for iOS devices is amazing.

User Info Menu

In my opinion the best value loopers are the ones with two independent loops. I think nowdays Boss, Tc electronic Ditto series and Digitech all offer such models. The sound in all of them is fine. For practicing, performance, teaching, etc, i like to have storage, multiple loops and drums on them.

User Info Menu

Consider getting two used XTs they are syncable using a 1/8" stereo cable. Also these other two DigiTech products (many Youtube videos showing use and integration): Trio+, SDRUM.

XT capacity can be increased to 32 hours if you get a 16 GB SD card.

User Info Menu

yes thanks i’ve been looking
    at the boss RC30 and RC3
    too ....

how big of a deal is getting
    one with a dedicated stop button do we think ?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pingu
    yes thanks i’ve been looking
    at the boss RC30 and RC3
    too ....

how big of a deal is getting
    one with a dedicated stop button do we think ?
    This usually gets sold with the used XTs and makes usage much more convenient

User Info Menu

$149

Sorry! Something went wrong!

beats BIAB by far!
    Excellent Looper! Well worth the money.

Also stores 200 or so different recordings on Micro SD cards; making the storage almost infinite. Great for practising, working out ideas, etc,etc.

GLWYS, Jack

Doug

User Info Menu

A timely necrothread for me, just picked up a used(no users manual) solo xt. The problem I’m having is a long delay after recording before playback begins, hence I can’t make much use of it. I watched this tutorial
    and at 9:09 as soon as he presses the pedal off it begins playback. I’m getting a delay of several seconds. I’d appreciate any help offered. I’m not using the memory card if that matters. Thanks.
    Last edited by whiskey02; 04-10-2020 at 02:51 PM.

User Info Menu

yes pb should start immediately ....
    check your settings in the (excellent) manual ....

and possibly do a factory reset ....