The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 29 of 29

User Info Menu

Remind me never to invite you over to my house. You'd go stark raving mad in ten minutes.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    buy a beater ES-175 for cheap
    Oxymoron alert! I have never seen a cheap ES175 ... and "beater" normally translates into "vintage".

N.

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Encinitastubes;379097]I took your advice got to play some today on a road trip to L.A. I was surprised. The difference in sound between the VOS and the regular was about the same as the difference between the two VOSs, even with the wood vs. metal bridge. The weight was different, but that did not seem to be the deciding factor in sound. My take was that it was more an electric issue coupled with variations in set up.

My current guitar is a regular 175 that they made in a run in 2006 with P-90s. It's probably a lb. heavier than the VOSs I played today, but I didn't notice any difference in volume or richness played acoustically. One difference might be that the VOSs are built to sound open from the get-go. My 175 seems to have opened up since I bought it, which suggests that

it was built tight.
    ?? What does that mean??

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by edh
    Remind me never to invite you over to my house. You'd go stark raving mad in ten minutes.
    Perhaps, but I would be so polite, you'd never know