The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

Your bridge is back too far on the treble side to compensate for the higher unwound strings. Thus the higher wound strings will be flat. You need a compensated saddle. You can probably find one for around $20 or so if you look around. I would try a cheap one first to see if it works before spending a lot of money.

New Ibanez AFJ95 w. ART-W wooden bridge, intonation problem with flatwound wound G??-bridge-jpg

https://jet.com/product/detail/581c3...FVcTHwod17IJQA

Archtop Guitar Bridge | stewmac.com

Gabon Ebony Archtop Guitar Bridge with Compensated Saddle Archtop Guitar Parts | eBay

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The bridge that came with the guitar is cut for an unwound G. Look at the position. Now look at the G string position of the compensated ebony bridge above.

User Info Menu

Thanks Greenstone. Is there any site you know where I can learn more about intonation and the bridge positions for compensations? I am not quite sure to understand which would be the ideal figures or positions and why. Cheers, Ricardo

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Your bridge is back too far on the treble side to compensate for the higher unwound strings. Thus the higher wound strings will be flat. You need a compensated saddle. You can probably find one for around $20 or so if you look around. I would try a cheap one first to see if it works before spending a lot of money.
    Whoops, I just realized this is a very old thread, sorry.

User Info Menu

By the way, in my case it was the string!