The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 29 of 29

User Info Menu

>>> The mystery is solved.

Way to go. I love digging 'till something clear presents itself.

How are you maintaining the B pole in place?

How deep are you setting the B pole head?

What was you batting average in your second year of Little League?

Do plaid pants really "go with everything"?

Chris

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The pole piece is, well, just sitting there at the moment, but the threads seem to be gently wedged in even if they are not actually engaged. Balance still seems good. Back to playing!

User Info Menu

I have one of the early JS pickups non-adjustable pole pieces. There is tortoise shell like material in the wholes. I attached a closeup picture. Sorry for the glare, but you can see what this early version looks like.
    Keith

User Info Menu

I have a 1961 Johnny Smith and I recently noticed that the G string pole piece screw was missing. I couldn't work out how it had happened and wondered if it was supposed to be like that and that I'd just never noticed it. That seemed unlikely as I've had the guitar for more than twenty years. So I did some Googling to figure out if I needed to try and find a replacement. This thread from 2012 popped up in the search and helped me solve the mystery. The pole piece was lying on it's side inside the pick up and I was able to get it out with a paper clip and tweezers and then screw it back in place.

So thanks to the Jazz Guitar forum and the original posters for your help!