The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 53 of 53
    Quote Originally Posted by oldane
    Or maybe we are just that after all - bookkeepers who frantically try to factor each and every detail in, looking for "the last missing dime".
    I got over that OCD behavior a few years ago. Spending 200% more looking for that "last 5% of tone"... meh... just watch the masters rip on something that costs less than whatever you have, put the wallet away, and start practicing more.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruger9
    I got over that OCD behavior a few years ago. Spending 200% more looking for that "last 5% of tone"... meh... just watch the masters rip on something that costs less than whatever you have, put the wallet away, and start practicing more.
    Yeah but 99.9% of us will never come close to being as good as the masters so might as well have a nice guitar to enjoy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpguitar
    All this talk about "bad ears" and "fooling" listeners...

It is easy to trick a listener with the way a guitar sounds. But it is impossible to fool a player with how a guitar feels. The differences among the major construction types are obvious and profound to the person playing the instrument. Far too much blather is spewed on the internet talking about how guitars sound, when it is really the feel that holds all of the subtle differences, and is the reason why every guitarist worth anything as a musician chooses his instrument very critically.

Feel is why ten Telecasters all play differently and those differences are instantly obvious to the player, even though the listener couldn't tell them apart in a million years.

This is a golden statement from 2009. While looking and hearing, only when it meets our hands can we say yay or nay this guitar fits and feels right to my body style..