The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 32 of 32

User Info Menu

When I remove the bridge, I put some painter's tape on the top, along the edges of the bridge, to show where the bridge goes when replaced. But if I decide to polish the entire top, it's not impossible to replace the bridge. I just put it close to where it should go, then move it as necessary to correct the intonation. Even tuned to pitch it can be moved, but I generally do it tuned down a step or so, just to make it easier for larger movement. Setting intonation is a skill every archtop player should possess.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hey, I just realized this was a five year old thread, revived now with updated pics edited into the old thread..
    The guitar looks great, congrats on that!

But I guess my long-winded advice on how to deal with your first floating bridge as a newb is not needed at this point, you've had five years to get familiar!
    John

User Info Menu

All ad vice is appreciated.Thanks everyone.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Greentone
    Randooley,

The ES-175 and Fender Twin Reverb is an EXCELLENT combination, by the way. Many of us, here, have used that combination at some point or another through the years. It's a match made in guitar heaven.

The 175 sounds like the proverbial million bucks through a Twin. You just cannot go wrong--unless you strain your back loading the amp into the van on the way back home from the gig.
    Ditto, with emphasis on the warning about back strain. I owned a '68 twin and '175 in the early '70's. I loved the combination, but I lived in a 4 story brownstone, in the top attic apartment. It was a nightmare that recurred several nights a week after midnight, lugging that thing up a poorly lit, narrow and steep hallway. My back has memories of it also. It had Electrovoice SRO's, weighing in at 25 lbs or more apiece. Boy did it sound good, but felt bad lugging around. I still have the guitar, and 'Sorely' miss the amp!

User Info Menu

I'm a pretty big guy,so weight of an instrument has never been much of an issue with me.I have friends who complain about the weight of guitars(mainly Les Pauls) and that always kinda puzzled me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Randooley
    I'm a pretty big guy,so weight of an instrument has never been much of an issue with me.I have friends who complain about the weight of guitars(mainly Les Pauls) and that always kinda puzzled me.
    Yeah , I saw your giant hand in one of the pics ... !

Try some TI 13 flats on that 175 at some point
    set the action medium , not too low
    You'll be pleased I think ...

User Info Menu

OK,Thanks