The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31

User Info Menu

Really? I breifly tried my 2x12 Tornados with the jazzmaster ultralight and liked it a lot but didn't thought it was that muich better than the regular neo... But it's hard to compare because it's a big 2x12 open back cab against a small 1x12 closed. But I really like the stock jmul cab... Although I wish someone released a good sounding 200w neo at 4 ohms so I could put it in my JMUL cab and use it with several heads and don't lose that much power with the JMUL head. Let's if WGS reads this I hope I have the JMUL back next week and then tell you my toughts with the Tornados better.

I would be worried about pluggin the AI head to a 100w speaker not the JMUL... Fender's power ratings are VERY dubious and the ampm doesn't pump much power at 8 ohms - if it's 62w than you are more than fine to use a 100w speaker. How much does the AI gives at 8 ohms? 300w?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jorgemg1984
    Really? I breifly tried my 2x12 Tornados with the jazzmaster ultralight and liked it a lot but didn't thought it was that muich better than the regular neo... But it's hard to compare because it's a big 2x12 open back cab against a small 1x12 closed. But I really like the stock jmul cab... Although I wish someone released a good sounding 200w neo at 4 ohms so I could put it in my JMUL cab and use it with several heads and don't lose that much power with the JMUL head. Let's if WGS reads this I hope I have the JMUL back next week and then tell you my toughts with the Tornados better.

I would be worried about pluggin the AI head to a 100w speaker not the JMUL... Fender's power ratings are VERY dubious and the ampm doesn't pump much power at 8 ohms - if it's 62w than you are more than fine to use a 100w speaker. How much does the AI gives at 8 ohms? 300w?
    I think the Tornado fits your description of a good neo to use. That's why I choose it as a replacement, after all. There are 4, 8, and 16 ohm versions, so you can probably find something that works. Btw, I haven't used the Tornado with my JMUL head yet, only with the AI head. And there is absolutely no competition, it sounds better than the stock neo. I will give my impressions of the JMUL head once I have time.

User Info Menu

How much does the AI gives at 8 ohms? 300w?

The AI Clarus I Series III that I have outputs 250w @ 8 ohms.

User Info Menu

250w with a 100w speaker worries me that's why my cab with Tornados has two...

User Info Menu

250w with a 100w speaker worries me that's why my cab with Tornados has two...
    Didn't you recently encourage me to try the 500w AI head with the 100w @ 2 ohm neo?! Why are you worried if you aren't pushing the output level of the amp to its limit?

User Info Menu

I said you should try it but that you could run into trouble if turnin the amp too loud (just re-read the thread). I would have gone other route but you clearly stated you are willing to risk it and that you wanted to use the same cab with another jensen neo. It will probably go fine but blowing speakers is not something I would risk. But what really worries me is the time I waste on threads like these.