The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Posts 126 to 129 of 129

User Info Menu

I use 3 meters analysis plus studio oval purple color cable.
    tried it with sonorus vovox and choosed analysis plus.
    it more than double the price of vovox sonorus.
    It sound better but not bending well compare to vovox.
    I wanna tried analysis plus gold oval cable but no way to pay for 3000-4000 dollars for just 1 cable.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Anyone interested in comparing cable qualities including shielding, plugs, price, and capacitance should check out Ovnilab's cable shootout. It's more comprehensive than anything else I've seen.

Audio Cables Compared and Recommended

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwood-ca
    Hi Mike, I have used a number of mid range/price cables and from a sound/tone perspective I had not really noticed a significant difference in any of them. I did note that I had to buy new ones on a pretty regular basis. I decided to try Monster, it's not cheap, around $65 with taxes, but the tone was clean, no interference, plus they seem to last forever, I have been using the same cable for two years now, whereas I was replacing cheaper cables every six months. Everything I have read on cables suggest that they don't make a significant difference and that may well be the case, but the monster cable is almost twice as thick, better shielding does make a difference. Hope this helps
    Are there other cables just as good as or better than Monster for durability and shielding quality (my message #26 above) (but preferably cheaper) ?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jay
    I always thought that the cable you are using didn't matter at all as long as it isn't broken. I have several cables that I mainly chose because of durability and sturdiness. But recently I experienced a cheap cable going bad: it started to crackle when moving or touching it (probably the outer shielding broke somewhere).

So I took a better (more expensive) cable and I clearly noticed an improvement in treble response... so that made me think again about cables. But here's the thing: I liked the sound of the cheap cable better!!

Because a guit pickup o/p Z is medium high approx 8Kohms
    and the input Z of the amp is 100K ohms and upwards

Yeah different cable lengths , and makes/types (= diff capacitances)
    do have an EQ effect on the sound
    also strangely the sheer volume you get out of the guitar