The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

What would be a fair price for a 2003 D'Aquisto Jazzline in excellent condition?
    Thanks.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

There was one that just sold at the Nashville Guitar Center... natural finish, unknown year... price was marked at $2000. I don't know what the eventual sale price ended up being. I was actually just got back from Thanksgiving vacation and was planning on going to Guitar Center tomorrow to demo the guitar, but I just pulled it up a moment ago online to see that it had sold

Cheers,
    Steve

User Info Menu

Thanks for the links,Steve. Sorry, but it was me who bought the guitar. So much for decisions not to buy unseen ! They run twice as much new although I don't think they cost two grand back in 2003. Anyway,with GC I have 30 days to try it out.The reviews I have read here have been mixed.
    I did see Tim's video before.I have the same pup that I might put on the guitar if I don't like the sound.
    I was also enrolled at JBGI till recently (Wasn't putting enough time into the instrument) and was always amazed by Amund's playing!

User Info Menu

Congrats on the purchase. The guitar is gorgeous in person... the poor pic that was on the website does not do the finish justice. I saw it hanging on the wall in GC before Thanksgiving, but I could not give it a try as I had my 4 year old daughter with me who was done running errands and ready to go home. Glad to see that it went to a fellow Jazz Forum member!

Give us a review once you have some thoughts.

Cheers,
    Steve

User Info Menu

Thanks again,Steve!
    PM replied to!
    As far as the review,Will Do!

Anand.

User Info Menu

Well,she's here and she's a keeper!
    Personally, my search is over for a top notch jazzbox!
    Hope to do a review or at least upload some decent pics soon.
    The serial number (on the fretboard itself) starts with 03 so I'm assuming that was the year she was put together.The fit and finish (natural) are impeccable.Sounds best through my 65 DRRI.Will probably keep the original pup,at least for a while. Everything seems to go together really well and I hate to make any changes in a hurry.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Anandbhat
    Well,she's here and she's a keeper!...
    Good to hear!

Cheers,
    Steve

User Info Menu

Thanks,Steve.
    Your description was fitting.
    Good luck in your search!

User Info Menu

Congratulations on your new guitar! Looking forward to see some pictures and hear you play it. These guitars are comfortable to play and sound great!

User Info Menu

Thanks Amund.
    Your playing has certainly been an inspiration.Hope things are going well at JBGW.Now it depends on as Pierre puts it 'Time on the Instrument'. I must confess that with me it's been more gear than talent.
    Keep up with those videos on You tube.They are awesome.
    Anand.
    Last edited by Anandbhat; 12-01-2011 at 12:50 PM.

User Info Menu

Thanks Amund.
    Your playing has certainly been an inspiration.Hope things are going well at JBGI.Now it depends on as Pierre puts it 'Time on the Instrument'. I must confess that with me it's been more gear than talent.
    Anand.
    +1

User Info Menu

Thanks Amund.
    Your playing has certainly been an inspiration.Hope things are going well at JBGW.Now it depends on as Pierre puts it 'Time on the Instrument'. I must confess that with me it's been more gear than talent.
    Anand.
    Thank you for that nice comment! I agree with Pierre that it boils down to time on the instrument - and there can never be enough of that. However, the Jazz Line makes it very enjoyable to practice. I am curious as to what amp you are running it through and what strings you use. I use a Roland Cube for practicing and gigs and it sounds great. I tried the guitar through a Fender Twin and a Roland Jazz Chorus and those amps make it sound otherworldly awesome!
    In that regard I find it is a guitar that will sound good in almost any amp because it is built so well, and when you do plug it into a high end amp the experience gets almost physical when the tone is crystal clear and beautiful. It is a lot of guitar for the money.

User Info Menu

Personally, my search is over for a top notch jazzbox!
    You just wait and see. GAS is a cronic ailment with no cure available.

User Info Menu

Amund:
    I tried the guitar through the following:
    Polytone minibrute II, Roland cube 30X (JC Clean), Fishman loudbox mini,Fender Superchamp XD, Egnater Tweaker with cab(Holy Grail Nano for reverb)and Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue. I think it sounds best with the Deluxe Reissue.I seem to like tube amps a lot more than solid state.
    I'm always looking for value and there's no question that the Jazzline is great value,especially if you can find a good one used.
    Oldane:
    I've been wrong before but I really think that at least for me the craziness has to stop somewhere as far as gear is concerned. I'm to the point where you decide which guitars you really like and slowly 'thin out the herd' !
    All this gear talk on Forums doesn't help either !

User Info Menu

I'm about to change the standard pickup for a Seymour Duncan Seth Lover, seeking a warmer sound and less bright.
    What do you think? Is it a good choice?

thanks for the advice!

User Info Menu

I'm pretty happy with the pup that came with the guitar,Arnesto. I'm going to sell the Lollar CC,hopefully with the Aria.I hate to ruin the looks of the Jazzline,especially since mine is the natural color.
    I agree with what somebody in this forum said about the amp being an equal part of the equation.I find the guitar a lot less brighter through my fishman loudbox mini,although I still prefer the warmth of the DRRI.I also find that increasing the mid range on the amp while reducing the treble helps.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the reply! mine is natural too.
    I buy almost new on ebay in 1600! That was definitely a fluke
    I will try the Duncans, and I tell!