View Poll Results: What FLATWOUND strings do you use/prefer?

Voters
411. You may not vote on this poll
  • D'Addario

159 38.69%
  • D'Angelico

1 0.24%
  • DR Strings

6 1.46%
  • Galli

3 0.73%
  • GHS

12 2.92%
  • Pyramid

14 3.41%
  • Rotosound

4 0.97%
  • Thomastic

212 51.58%
Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 151 to 156 of 156

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Recently started using Dogal Nightclub Flatwounds V25 on my Emerald X20.
    They are bronze flatwound on round core.
    .011 - .014 - .016w - .022 - .030 - .042
    these are super easy to play and bend.
    I like them a little better than the Galli flatwound 80/20 bronze flatwound I'd been using.
    The Dogal are pricey, so I only indulge when they're on sale.

User Info Menu

Hello my jazz pals.

Wow! This poll has been going for some time. Hopefully made some people try something else.

Just like to say my La Bella 13 flats on the Epi Emp Reg are over 3 years old and the Squier jazz Tele has Chromes 12's that are just under 3 years old. They're just breaking in and rarely go out of tune. Ha.

La Bella's are still feeling pliable but the Chromes have always been as stiff as rail track! You would think the chromes were 13's and the La Bella's were 12's. But thereyou go.

It's strange but only the Chromes work on the Tele, the picato and Thomastics I had on there the G string would sound dead.

Also for consideration would be D'Addario round wound Pure nickels in 12 and above with a wound G. A little fiddle with an amp tone stack and guitar tone control can sweep from plunk to twanng, or if you're playing loudly then PLUNK and TWANNGH. .....

Ha ha ha.

Ha.
    “When a wise man points at the moon the fool considers the finger.”

User Info Menu

My two favorites are Thomastiks and GHS. GHS aren't as flexible as Thomastiks but they have a really nice tone, especially once broken in.

User Info Menu

I was using Chromes for a long time, but finally got some TI Swings (11-47) and they're perfect on my Strats. On the PE-175 I use the TI Bensons (12-53). For me personally, the TIs are miles ahead of the Chromes. Of course, that's just my opinion. But I'm just in love with the TI flats.
    On the Turntable: Wes Montgomery - Back on Indiana Avenue, Paul Motion Trio - It Should've Happened a Long Time Ago
    Guitar:
    Fender AVRI '59 w/ TI Swing 11s and Tyson Tone pickups
    Through: Polytone Mini Brute II

User Info Menu

Used TI swing 13-57, sounded great but I felt their tension too low, may be I pick too hard ?
    I now use Addario and I'm happy with them
    Perfection is in the Details, but Perfection isn't a Detail (Leonardo da Vinci)