The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 37

User Info Menu

does anyone know about Lage Lund set up?
    especially his pedal board

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

When I saw Lage Lund play last January (I sat at his feet!) he played a Sadowsky Jim Hall guitar through a Roland volume pedal, an MXR EQ (set pretty flat save for a small hump in the mids), a Boss DD5 and a EHX Holy Grail Plus. The amp was a Polytone.

This is a recent look at his pedals:

I see a Roland volume pedal, Strymon El Capistan, Boss tuner and EHX Freeze.

User Info Menu

thank's a lot mate! and the volume pedal is FV-500 right?

User Info Menu

Hi all,

I know this is a really old thread, but as off october 2012 on his trio tour with Orlando Le Flemmin and Jonathan Blake, he uses this set-up:

Enjoy, regards, JanLF

User Info Menu

I was wondering when would Lage upgrade from his Holy Grail to a Strymon... he did it! yeah very unusual but maybe that's just the pedalboard disposition? he sounds like a delay into reverb guy on records.

I would love to see him live, he's my favorite these days.

User Info Menu

Hi, yeah in a way weird, but he uses the dry channel on a typical Fender amp (normal ch.). No amp reverb.

User Info Menu

Yeah I know - that's normal. What's not so normal is using reverb - delay instead of delay - reverb....

User Info Menu

By the way Lage's old travel set-up from 2010 and with his Jim Hall, not the SS-15

User Info Menu

Sounds like a great setup for jazz guitar

User Info Menu

Lage sounded great last night at Small's from what I could tell on the stream he used the house amp, and no pedals on the floor maybe an EQ pedal sitting on top of the amp.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JanLF
    By the way Lage's old travel set-up from 2010 and with his Jim Hall, not the SS-15
    Is that black pedal a Danelectro?

User Info Menu

Yes, for sure... maybe an OD?

It's the Cool Cat Tremolo.

User Info Menu

Oh, he uses the Flint for tremolo as well - not just reverb. Depends on the gig, setting, mood and what not...

User Info Menu

Nice to know. I have all his records and on recent ones I would just hear delay and reverb. Thanks for the update!

User Info Menu

He gets the most 'perfect' archtop tone to me in this youtube clip.

Is that a Sadowsky? the body sure does look like one but the headstock is not the usual Sadowsky so I'm assuming it's either a very early model or a different make.

User Info Menu

Schottmuller

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by itsall4you
    He mentioned on his Facebook that the amp on site was not working(maybe only the chorus section of the amp worked on a jc-120.)

So that sound wasn't intentional. I wasn't too fond of the sound either but this was my favorite clip for a good 2 months last year and grew to like it.
    Thanks for the tip. But on David's record he also uses a slightly chorus sound so... he did wanted it I still like his non-chorus more.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by itsall4you
    He gets the most 'perfect' archtop tone to me in this youtube clip.

Is that a Sadowsky? the body sure does look like one but the headstock is not the usual Sadowsky so I'm assuming it's either a very early model or a different make.
    I am not an archtop expert but I know he hues / used at least two sadowsky guitars.

User Info Menu

dont most younger players choose Sadowsky over the Benedetto Bravo?
    is is a better guitar/value?

User Info Menu

Well that's a good question. Sadowsky has appealed to A LOT of gigging musicians. Laminate means less feedback (in theory) and less worries...

All Sadowskys I heard so far sounded stellar.

User Info Menu

It's not a Sadowsky, it's a German Luthier's guitar whose name I don't recall at the moment, who as far as I know, has a guitar in the making for Rosenwinkel too.

User Info Menu

Schottmüller Guitars

This one Mike?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jorgemg1984
    Schottmüller Guitars

This one Mike?
    oh yes. You are one hip cat, Jorge.

User Info Menu

Those guitars look great... I already have two excellent archtops but one of these or a Moffa would be awesome - I don't have any solid one!