The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Deleted a rather poor example of different levels of guitar playing. Apologies for the zombie thread.
    Last edited by Spook410; 03-20-2024 at 04:43 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

All of his "levels" sound mechanical, the beginner "lick" less so than the "more advanced" ones. Greater technical proficiency does not equate to greater musicality, his playing is proof of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick-7
    All of his "levels" sound mechanical, the beginner "lick" less so than the "more advanced" ones. Greater technical proficiency does not equate to greater musicality, his playing is proof of that.
    Yea.. you're spot on with that. After posting this I was looking for a way to delete the thread because it's not a great example of the frustrations of moving forward.

User Info Menu

What would have worked is if the beginner line progressed to more melodic/expressive lines, but you'll need someone else to illustrate that. And whoever it is could reference this video as an example of what can happen if you focus too much on learning licks rather than attempting to play what you hear, which is of course much harder to do but the only true path to musical self-expression. I'd rather listen to 5 minutes of B.B. King any day than 30 seconds of these mile a minute lick players.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mick-7
    But, more is always better, isn't it?
    I liked the "beginner" the most, too
    His credibility lacks something...
    Oh! Needs to wear a turtle neck