The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi!
    I have uploaded on my YouTube channel a video about the basic chords and arpeggios often used in jazz guitar improvisation.

I hope the English subtitles don't contain too many errors.

You can download the free PDF with all the 25 chords/arpeggios in notation and tab from my personal website:

Accordi e arpeggi / Chords and arpeggios - Part 1

All the arpeggios in this video are extended to the 9th (or flat 9th) of the chord and in a second video I will talk about the arpeggios extended to the 11th and 13th.

Thank you for every comment you make.

Ettore

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi Ettore

Thanks for adding the subtitles; they allow me to enjoy the video since I don't speak Italian.

This one was fairly simple, but your second one in the series is more in-depth, and I like the inclusion of the altered notes with the reason to play them that way.

I also enjoyed the song-based ones you have with subtitles as well.

Thanks!
    Joe

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jchinkley
    Hi Ettore

Thanks for adding the subtitles; they allow me to enjoy the video since I don't speak Italian.

This one was fairly simple, but your second one in the series is more in-depth, and I like the inclusion of the altered notes with the reason to play them that way.

I also enjoyed the song-based ones you have with subtitles as well.

Thanks!
    Joe
    Thanks a lot, JOE (Grazie mille, Giuseppe!)

When I publish a new video on my YT channel, I always add the Italian transcription (very easy job, of course) and I wait some minutes for the YT automatic subtitles translation in English language.
    Then I open the English subtitles file and I do several corrections, mainly for wrong musical terms.
    In the end the translation that I corrected seems quite understandable to me. This work is useful because the audience of guitarists interested in jazz guitar in Italy is rather small, while obviously in the rest of the world there are at least 10 times as many interested guitarists.

-------------------------------
    I want to confess that the exercises I have prepared (surely someone has noticed...), are mainly rhythmic exercises!
    In fact, the first video is dedicated to eighths notes and the second to the triplets.
    Obviously you should play THE RIGHT NOTES with THE RIGHT RHYTHM......but as we know the most important thing is the rhythm.
    Thank you again!

Ettore