The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 55 of 55

User Info Menu

Congratulations on the gig, I hope you had fun and have many more!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Another tiny step... Another gig. But a proper one this time. We used the archtops rather than the gypsy guitars, though, because we needed to be amplified. But still a similar set,maybe a few more standards, and a few vocal tunes that Chris sang really well. The gig went well and we've been asked back, which I always think is a good indicator that the management like it. Also there was a chap who runs a local restaurant was keen to take our card, so something may come of that.

My playing remains pretty basic, a few licks that I plug and play, some ii-Vs, but mostly playing around the melody. Chris meanwhile soars way up there. But quite pleased with my rhythm playing.

All in all, nothing to excite anyone here, but nice that the journey continues to edge forward and, after all these years and practice, I've actually got this far.

Derek

User Info Menu

All in all, nothing to excite anyone here, but nice that the journey continues to edge forward and, after all these years and practice, I've actually got this far.
    Quite the contrary! I'm very happy to see it's working for you! Care to share a setlist? I always like to see what other people are doing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    Another tiny step... Another gig. But a proper one this time. We used the archtops rather than the gypsy guitars, though, because we needed to be amplified. But still a similar set,maybe a few more standards, and a few vocal tunes that Chris sang really well. The gig went well and we've been asked back, which I always think is a good indicator that the management like it. Also there was a chap who runs a local restaurant was keen to take our card, so something may come of that.

My playing remains pretty basic, a few licks that I plug and play, some ii-Vs, but mostly playing around the melody. Chris meanwhile soars way up there. But quite pleased with my rhythm playing.

Derek
    Yea... great to see your having fun... and improving
    Best Reg

Quote Originally Posted by AllanAllen View Post
    Quite the contrary! I'm very happy to see it's working for you! Care to share a setlist? I always like to see what other people are doing.
    Sure. These were what we played, not necessarily in this order:

1. Tenor Madness
    2. I Cant Give You Anything But Love
    3. Minor Swing
    4. Autumn Leaves
    5. Sweet Georgia Brown
    6. Blues for Ike
    7. All of Me
    8. Sister Kate
    9. Avalon
    10. Out Of Nowhere
    11. Blue Bossa
    12. Blue Monk

13. Hit the Road Jack (Vocal)
    14. Aint Misbehavin (Vocal)
    15. Summertime (Vocal)
    16. Blue Moon (Vocal)
    17. Georgia On My Mind (Vocal)
    18. What A Difference A Day Made (Vocal)
    19. Sporting Life Blues (Vocal)
    20. Route 66 (Vocal)

Others we had up our sleeve if we'd have needed them:

1. Coquette
    2. Seul ce Soir
    3. Limehouse Blues
    4. It Don’t Mean A Thing (If It Ain’t Got That Swing)
    5. Honeysuckle Rose
    6. Sunny Side of the Street
    7. Satin Doll
    8. Nuages

Derek