Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 51 to 55 of 55

User Info Menu

Amazon, eBay and the others can also be used by bad people for bad purposes, such as money laundering and making payments to other bad people.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GTRMan
    Can you tell us anythiing about the two "Solo" titled books please?
    Moot point. The books have sold.

User Info Menu

I kinda expected that.

User Info Menu

I remember Warren Nunes books. In fact, I still play one or two of his ideas. There were so few books available years ago, so anything helped. I loved the arpeggiated four fret ideas. Different fingerings opens up different possibilities.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpjazzguitar

When I was with him he taught his theory about two kinds of chords, "type one and type two" and they were interchangeable..

So, in his system I iiim Vmaj7 vim were all major type iim IV V7 and vim (double duty) were all minor type. Not sure about m7b5.
    I now have the Basic Jazz & Blues Complete Instructor. I expect I am the first to borrow it in a long time.

This be the verse:

“Major type chords constructed on the FIRST DEGREE of the MAJOR SCALE are also I TYPE CHORDS: Imaj7, Imaj6, Imaj9, Imaj6/9. These forms are interchangeable."

“Major type chords constructed on the FIFTH DEGREE of the MAJOR or MINOR SCALE are V TYPE CHORDS: V7, V9, V11, V7-5, V7+5, V7+9, V7-9, V9+11, V13-9. These chords are interchangeable. These are dominant chords which demand resolution.”

“Minor chords built on the SECOND DEGREE of the scale are II TYPE CHORDS: IIm, IIm7, IIm9, IIm11, IIm7-5. In jazz, the II TYPE CHORD functions as an alternative for the IV Chord.”

It contains more chords than you could shake a stick at, and progressions aplenty, as well as cycles.

Part 3, The Blues, is extensive.