The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 53 of 53

User Info Menu

I currently working through book 1 with an instructor here in Santa Clara California and just beginning the journey. I am working on Etude No. 1 (duet). I am relatively new to the guitar but not to music as I was a freelance trumpet player here in the greater San Francisco Bay Area. I found myself searching for new new form of musical expression and decided to switch to guitar. I would love to participate in a study group of William Leavitt book A modern Method for Guitar. I would also love any suggestions on how to work through the Rhythm Accompaniment. The chords have been difficult to get clarity and sustain.

Gmancillas

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gmancillas
    I currently working through book 1 with an instructor here in Santa Clara California and just beginning the journey. I am working on Etude No. 1 (duet). I am relatively new to the guitar but not to music as I was a freelance trumpet player here in the greater San Francisco Bay Area. I found myself searching for new new form of musical expression and decided to switch to guitar. I would love to participate in a study group of William Leavitt book A modern Method for Guitar. I would also love any suggestions on how to work through the Rhythm Accompaniment. The chords have been difficult to get clarity and sustain.

Gmancillas
    what page?

User Info Menu

I am currently working from page #16 through page #20. I am at the beginning of this book but I've been focused on the guitar for the last 2 years with weekly lessons and 2 hours of daily practice. My C Maj chord still has buzzing at the top note (High C).