The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

Hey

I've been searching the net for downloadable Real Books (legaly). I'm especially interested in The 6th Edition. The purpose is to put the files on my iPad. To my surprise I haven't found a store which sells to Europe.
    Can anyone help?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

They have it in 'ebooks' at amazon.com.

All of those 'Kindle books' at amazon.com can be downloaded to an ipad. I've never done it, but the ipad is listed as a compatible device for the kindle books.

It's $16.47, I paid a lot more than that back in the day for the illegal one.

Thank You

I know they sell the 6th edition in the American Amazon (Kindle) store. The problem is they don't sell to Europe because of copyright restriction. So apperently there is no way to get it legally, if You live outside USA.
    What do You other guys (who don't have an address in the USA) do? How do You get the sheet PDF's for Your iPad (iPhone)?

User Info Menu

Have you tried the app ireal book?it's outstanding.

Yes, the iRealbook app is really useful. But I'm looking for sheet scores with melody notation. Seems like I have to wait till they sort out the copyright issue.

For the time being, you could use something like PDF995 to make pdf files of tunes you use a lot. I use the free version of their PDF printer. Anything you can print from your computer you can save as a pdf. You just select it as your printer, and instead of printing on paper it creates a pdf file. I also use the editor to combine multiple pdf files to one file.

Really handy. I use it all the time for lessons.

There are probably a lot of other programs that do this, but this is the one I found when I was looking for something that was free.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by matt.guitarteacher
    For the time being, you could use something like PDF995 to make pdf files of tunes you use a lot. I use the free version of their PDF printer. Anything you can print from your computer you can save as a pdf. You just select it as your printer, and instead of printing on paper it creates a pdf file. I also use the editor to combine multiple pdf files to one file.

Really handy. I use it all the time for lessons.

There are probably a lot of other programs that do this, but this is the one I found when I was looking for something that was free.
    Kindle doesn't let you print. In fact they only download sections of the book at a time so you need a wifi connection if going to be jumping around a book. I like Kindle, but don't think it would be practical for using on a gig.

The PDF995 seemed promising until I found it was Windows only. I'm a Mac user so I will search for something like it.

User Info Menu

Mac users don't need to search too hard - assuming your Mac is reasonably up to date, you have an application called 'Automator' which can do the job.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by docbop
    Kindle doesn't let you print. In fact they only download sections of the book at a time so you need a wifi connection if going to be jumping around a book.
    This is false. The Kindle downloads the entire book at once; after that you can read anywhere you like without access to any internet connection.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jscjr64
    This is false. The Kindle downloads the entire book at once; after that you can read anywhere you like without access to any internet connection.
    I have Kindle iPhone and Mac and they don't get whole book at time. If they did they would chew up a lot of disk space if you have more than a couple books.

I couldn.t figure out how the Automation worked for making PDF's, but I found a printerdriver to Mac which works exactly like the pdf995 for Windows. It's very usefull.

User Info Menu

Hey! Has anyone got pdf of "Approaching the Standards"??

Cheers!

User Info Menu

Try Scribd.com
    Last edited by RevMc; 04-24-2014 at 08:10 AM.

User Info Menu

Iven when I'm logged in to scribed there is some kind of problem.

User Info Menu

I searched for "Approaching the Standards" and found the book under the documents section.

User Info Menu

This $20 pdf download includes the Real Books vol 1 and 2, the Colorado Book, Jazz LTD and a bunch of other goodies.
    Jazz Real Book And Fake Book - Download Realbook