The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 42 of 42

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Reg
    ...the playing is not great...I'm just winging it and really shouldn't post these......
    Good evening, Reg...
    Now if that isn't false modesty, I don't know what is.
    To all...
    Now that he's started, what say we open, not a simple thread, but a whole category devoted to Reg videos? No, this is not me trying to 'wind Reg up', I honestly believe that these video shots complement his multiple erudite postings, illustrating that he does indeed perform to the standard of his advice and lessons.
    Back to Reg: hat's off, lad; great stuff, very enjoyable (and pedagogic; I shall be trying out that version of CBML. Give me another few years, I'll maybe have the chords down. Give me a century or two and I'll get a handle on the easier parts of the solo...).
    Many thanks, but be warned. Now that you're up and running, we'll be wanting more (and more, and more...).
    Sincere congratulations (and I'm an ornery old sod that doesn't give praise lightly, believe me...)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Reg, Thank you.
    I will echo what Dad 3353 said.
    Please, post more... please.
    Also, if you have any recordings, let me know.

Cheers, Ron

User Info Menu

I second that ... or third it ... In any case, thanks for posting Reg. You play very well, and it's quite listenable. The cool thing is, I can recognize a lot of the chord forms you play. That gives me hope that someday I too wil play that well. Cool stuff - thanks.

User Info Menu

Wow...sincerely thanks... Reg

User Info Menu

Very well done Reg! I especially liked the "feel" that you achieve when you play. Very natural, groovy sound. More please!

wiz

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wizard3739
    Very well done Reg! I especially liked the "feel" that you achieve when you play. Very natural, groovy sound. More please!

wiz
    Thanks wizard...the "feel" was what I was after... now that I listen to what I posted... I think I need to pay a little more attention to what I'm playing... I'll post some examples of playing over Song for my Father and Nica's dream and some basic analysis of tunes, after game ... probable easier than verbally explaining. Thanks again for comments...Best Reg

User Info Menu

Jeez, I've got all the fingers, picks, guitars... and 30 yrs of playing. One day, maybe!

Yes, Reg, please do post some more of your 'not great; playing :-)

blueslogic Guest
    Reg, That was great.
    I think you just played more chords in that Video than I ever learned in 35 years of playing. I'm mostly a single note Blues player.
    Thanks for sharing that.
    Wayne,
    Last edited by blueslogic; 12-01-2010 at 09:07 AM.

User Info Menu

Thanks for kind words .... anything you would like me to breakdown... etc... I'll be glad to do best I can... Reg

blueslogic Guest
    Thank you Reg,
    Anything basic, (simple) would help, when you have the time.
    Maybe there's a link to something here that has some fairly simple chord changes that I can practice.
    I've been a guitarist for 35 years, but couldn't play for 10 years because of an injury. After 10 years I've have the use of my left arm again, so I'm starting to play again. It's coming along slowly but it's not like that old saying "It's just like riding a bike" It's not. It really is like starting over with some ability still there. There's a lot I've forgotten in 10 years and it's not like you can pick up where you left off.
    Even without the 10 year gap, I'd be a different person/player anyway.
    Again, Thanks for sharing your music.
    Wayne,

p.s. Just wondering why I can't see most people's profile? Privacy?
    Last edited by blueslogic; 11-30-2010 at 04:42 PM.

blueslogic Guest
    What might this be? Just Blues? These are 2 of my old mellow tunes.
    These were recorded over 18 years ago.
    SoundClick artist: BluesLogic - Solo artist, Blues, Jazzy Blues, Bluesrock, Acoustic, senior citizen
    http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=6545954
    If you wander into the ROCK songs, please remember that I wrote some of these as far back as 1972. So beware! I don't even remember most of the 1970s. lol

Wayne, (please be kind)
    Last edited by blueslogic; 11-30-2010 at 06:42 PM.

User Info Menu

Hey Man, you sound great.... I dig minor blues, you sound like the real shit... I'm a jazz player... I'm always faking it... I do play gigs with the old dudes (Blues Dudes, as opposed to me, an old jazz dude)... always have a blast. I can lock, cover and am always in pocket... but usually takes at least one set to really feel it... Thanks Wayne... any way I can help on your way... don't hesitate... Reg

blueslogic Guest
    Thank you Reg,
    The first show I saw at the Filmore East was Paul Butterfield Blues Band with Elvin Bishop on guitar. I knew that was what I wanted to do. I was a photographer not a musician. I went right out and bought a guitar at a pawn shop for $25.00. A cheap 60s Harmony Stratotone, with a Tiger's head painted on it. I bought The "E-Z Guitar" book and taught myself how to play.
    Moving along through the years I played all kinds of music till I got into Funk and Fusion, then I started staying at home practicing scales and learning how to play fast.
    By the 80s my old friend came by my place and did kind of an intervention. He told me what a waste and loser I was and dared me to come out and play again at a club, Dan Lynch's. I grabbed my guitar and went there with him. I got up and played and I was terrible. I couldn't believe it. I was really bad. It was a reality check. I knew he was right and I had to change.
    I cleaned myself up and went back to Dan Lynch's and another club on the next corner every week. Playing for those people, it all came back to me. In a few months I was a regular there, I was backing up other singers and playing with my heart.
    I found the Blues again and more. I found the real reason I played.
    I owe my life to that old friend. No one else but a good friend would have told me off like he did. He saved me.
    Since then, I look at every note I play and sing as a blessing.
    What's great about life to me is that you never know who or what's around the corner.
    As painful and hard as life sometimes is for an artist, we are the most fortunate people in the world. We are blessed.
    Now after 10 years not playing I'm finally finding that out again, and that's the real shit!
    Wayne, (oh boy, another long winded post)
    Last edited by blueslogic; 12-01-2010 at 09:40 AM.

User Info Menu

I love your videos Reg.

blueslogic Guest
    I watch Reg's left hand and it's so exact, but I love watching his right hand. It just moves so effortlessly swinging up and down. So smooth, yet so dynamic. It's so good to hear and watch and something that good. Great sound too, it's like he's right here in my living room.
    Thanks for that video. I love it.
    Wayne,

User Info Menu

You guys are too cool... thanks, really. Hey man I grew up at filmore SF. shows were $2, I went every week. I really didn't know, but played a few time with Elvin, I was kind of a hot shot kid... all BS. But I did get to sit in with lots of great players... I became aware what locking in and playing your part was at a young age, anyway great friend... direction and appreciation of life. As usual, gigs all week and late, but Ill post more videos and would dig seeing or hearing more... I just got set up to broadcast live on the net... it's very cool, I'm mobile and almost together. I'm sort of rehearsing with a Jazz Jam I host, the third Mon. of every month, 7pm - 10pm west coast or PT. When it's closer I'll post all info. I'm trying to finish site etc... Best Reg

User Info Menu

I'm just winging it and really shouldn't post these... Best Reg
    Where are you, Reg? Haven't seen you on here in a while and miss your posts. I stumbled on this from way back & thought it fun to put up for more viewers. Inspiring.