The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12
    What do you enjoy about guitar players' colaboratives? Whether you're playing or listening

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Mutual inspiration -- Especially as each exchanges roles with rhythm and lead solos, playing the same tune in their distinctive styles.
    Attached Images Attached Images Guitar Players Colaboratives-img_20240521_165711220-jpg Guitar Players Colaboratives-img_20240521_165734137_hdr-jpg 

User Info Menu

ANOTHER DYNAMIC TRIO
    Al DeMeola, Paco DeLucia, and John McLaughlin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Enlightened Rogue View Post
    One of my favorite duo’s for many years: Boulou Ferre’ and his brother Elios Ferre’.

Boulou and Elios are one of the few guitar collaborations I enjoy listening to. Jimmy and Doug Raney too...maybe it's gotta be family?

I'm just not a "two guitars in the group" guy. I don't know why...I guess I find two "jazz guitar tones" tiresome after a short while.

Herb Ellis with Freddie Green, that's another good one...no stepping on each other tonally.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont View Post
    Boulou and Elios are one of the few guitar collaborations I enjoy listening to. Jimmy and Doug Raney too...maybe it's gotta be family?

I'm just not a "two guitars in the group" guy. I don't know why...I guess I find two "jazz guitar tones" tiresome after a short while.

Herb Ellis with Freddie Green, that's another good one...no stepping on each other tonally.
    Speaking of 2 guitars and Freddie Green. Any idea who takes the solo on this? The only guitar player listed on discogs is Freddie Green.

User Info Menu

Mary Halvorson and Nels Cline

Love it when favorite guitarist trades licks and riffs with saxophonist and keyboard player of the same caliber -- The late Chuck Loeb with Everette Harp and Jeff Lorber

https://youtube.com/watch?v=qoPd6ixj...27k6odXMlhJJMk

Peter White and Marc Antoine

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieHollow View Post
    Love it when favorite guitarist trades licks and riffs with saxophonist and keyboard player of the same caliber -- The late Chuck Loeb with Everette Harp and Jeff Lorber

https://youtube.com/watch?v=qoPd6ixj...27k6odXMlhJJMk

This might be up your alley

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Enlightened Rogue View Post
    The lead guitarist was Jerome Darr. Here is a studio log and a short bio and pics.

Date: first half of January 1953
    Label: Mercury

Paul Quinichette (ldr), Paul Quinichette (ts), Jerome Darr, Freddie Green (g), Marlowe Morris (org), Gene Ramey (b), Les Erskine (d)
    How did you find all this?

User Info Menu

That's what I did and I only found a discogs listing that had Freddie Green.

Thanks!