The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I'm using Windows 11. Somehow I turned on the "feature" that reads out loud every friggin' thing on the screen, and I can't turn it off!

Help!

Doug

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Find "Narrator" in Accessibility (in Settings, which is in the menu when you click on the Start icon), and turn it off.

User Info Menu

Try going to Settings, Accessibility and then to Narrator and see if that has been switched on

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doug B View Post
    I'm using Windows 11. Somehow I turned on the "feature" that reads out loud every friggin' thing on the screen, and I can't turn it off!

Help!

Doug
    In Windows, the feature you referenced is in "Ease of Access" settings (for sight impaired users), you'll need to go there and turn it off.

User Info Menu

Thanks,guys. I got it turned off with the command " win key + Ctrl + T + RNTER

User Info Menu

Cool. 3 people gave you the same advice, but we all missed the key command you used. I guess you somehow stumbled onto that same key command to turn it on by mistake...

User Info Menu

What a cruel practical joke that would be, huh? Switch on that narrator app on someone's pc, truly maddening!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mick-7 View Post
    What a cruel practical joke that would be, huh? Switch on that narrator app on someone's pc, truly maddening!
    No kidding-I was seriously thinking that I might as well just reinstall Windows!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mick-7 View Post
    Michael Caine can relate - : )