The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hm, the other thread gave the idea. There are many others. Lot's of funny things has happened over the century (and longer) on the stage.

What if we collect them and make a script that could be used to make a real 1-hour long session with all the jokes in it? Maybe it gets even used somehow, seriously?

Everyone who provides a detailed event would have a bit of "copyright" of the thing... hm. Probably problematic eventually. Public domain.

But how would this jam go?
    Last edited by emanresu; 05-08-2024 at 02:23 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

"Saxophonists: They know all the Coltrane and Bird licks but have their own sound, a mixture of Coltrane and Bird." Lol.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by emanresu
    But how would this jam go?
    Something like this?

I rather thought that it would be a fun act (NOT IN YOUTUBE..) but a real act.
    Not possibly doable with actors but real jazz performers... with a sense of humor.
    A hour of such thing would be like a play. A good script would make it official and legit.
    Get a director to make sure that this would work well with public.
    I mean, the funny stuff from stage always gets randomly mentioned, if gathered and put together and made it into a play, it could be something special.

Well, it is a bit crazy but never seen this type of a thing. I would pay to see that.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by emanresu
    I rather thought that it would be a fun act (NOT IN YOUTUBE..) but a real act.
    Not possibly doable with actors but real jazz performers... with a sense of humor.
    So no one would be allowed to film the act for posterity and post it online to say "look what a fun thing we saw today", or post a link to that video elsewhere to act as a potential source of inspiration?

That was a very real act (I heard it live, sadly over the radio), with very real performers (of not just jazz). Sense of humour (or lack thereof ) is very culturally defined.

The director there would be to make sure that the inside jokes would be easy for bypassers.