The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Freaky. It's interesting how AI can combine existing material so well yet fail miserably at composing new jazz that is listenable. It's usually so awful that I haven't checked out AI jazz in a year, which is probably an astronomical amount of time in the AI world... the day that AI can compose musical, listenable jazz is likely not far off.

User Info Menu

The AI thing is pretty interesting, but just to make things clear: I'm 99% sure, that the big band was not ai generated. I'm pretty sure they "just" replaced the voice in this recording of the german Singer Tom Gäbel:

Fun Fact: Tom Gäbel became famous for sounding a lot like sinatra:

CHECK OUT James Brown singing like Aretha Franklin.....

with AI some artists feel an existential threat. It can evoke fear, skepticism, or discouragement. We may not be able to halt the progress of technology, but we can equip artists with the tools to fight back. Through knowledge comes opportunity, and through opportunity comes power...Above taken from this article....A Jazz Music Practitioner’s Guide To Generative AI - TheArts

User Info Menu

Except it sounds more like an Elvis impersonator than Elvis...

User Info Menu

AI can’t stand on a stage and play a guitar yet. But some nerd is working on that, instead of making it fold my laundry and wash my dirty dishes.

AI has all the skills, but nothing to say. Only when we use it to help us express ourselves can its true value be felt.

copyright office earlier this year issued a new circular clarifying that works that are created purely by AI—including a human typing a prompt into a generative AI algorithm and the outputs from that—are not copyrightable. The copyright office has long had a position that to be copyrightable, there has to be sufficient human involvement in the creation of the work.

was from a alternate universe where Johnny did a 30 year stretch in Folsom
    Last edited by voxo; 04-21-2024 at 01:20 PM.