The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 14 of 14

User Info Menu

So, this is starting here in the Midwest. Seems like in about 20 minutes I will have to play by ear because not enough light to read the music. Crazy stuff going on with folks and this situation like asking if cell phones will not work and the internet shuts down.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

People's stupidity can never be underestimated.

The eclipse was very cool here. Got dark enough to make the lights come on at the football filed across the street.

I timed it so that I could listen to the entirety of "Dark Side of the Moon" and have "Eclipse" hit right as we reached peak darkness (about 94% here in Chicago)

Yes, that's extremely nerdy.

User Info Menu

We were in the totality and it was awesome. Dusk - night - dawn within 5 minutes.

User Info Menu

90% here in NYC.

A friend who is here from México sent me this photo, taken by a friend there:
    Eclipse-img_8184-jpeg

And here is a photo I took from the streets of NYC with my iPhone (not much competition, right?):

Eclipse-img_1941-jpeg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ukena
    90% here in NYC.

And here is a photo I took from the streets of NYC with my iPhone (not much competition, right?):

Eclipse-img_1941-jpeg
    Looks just a quarter moon to me.

Here in western new york we had a lot of cloud cover, but in patches of clear is was cool to see.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark
    So, this is starting here in the Midwest. Seems like in about 20 minutes I will have to play by ear because not enough light to read the music. Crazy stuff going on with folks and this situation like asking if cell phones will not work and the internet shuts down.
    My neighbor was afraid her big dog would go berserk in the house.

User Info Menu

It's almost like this has never happened before in the history of the earth.

Unfortunately we were out of the path of the total eclipse, and the clouds were thick. Just another day in paradise here.

User Info Menu

https://www.disastercenter.com/laworder/product1.html

(1997)

"Surviving the Year 2000 - At this point in time we know that the consequences of the problem will be devastating. We can say now say that we are facing one of the greatest disasters in human history."

User Info Menu

The Sun was eaten by a dragon!

But just in America, nuffink happened here

Logical conclusion - every country has its own separate Sun. Actually I’m not convinced we have a sun atm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

The Maya were probably less afraid of celestial events than modern society.
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 04-09-2024 at 09:08 AM.

User Info Menu

I have read that every 18 months or so, somewhere in the world there is a total solar eclipse. They are entirely predictable but apparently only of cosmic prophetic existential significance in the US. Seriously, 5 minutes of totally explainable darkness.
    BTW the Babylonians could predict eclipses. They were a bit mystified that their formulas didn't work all the time, though, but sometimes they nailed it. The reason was simple. They WERE right, but they didn't know the eclipse they predicted had happened elsewhere in the world. They understood the heaves much better, apparently, than the earth.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    I have read that every 18 months or so, somewhere in the world there is a total solar eclipse.
    Yes, most of the time they are only viewable in the vast uninhabited parts of the earth. Oceans, remote jungles, forests, or deserts.

User Info Menu

I traveled about 150 miles to see totality near Indianapolis. It was a fun adventure with the family.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Miller
    The Sun was eaten by a dragon!

But just in America, nuffink happened here

Logical conclusion - every country has its own separate Sun. Actually I’m not convinced we have a sun atm.
    yeah I stayed at home and watched the total cloud eclipse. Again.