The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

No doubt the quality will get better at an alarming pace, but this reminds me of James Bond in the style of Thunderbirds. But, if somebody shows you a dog that can sing, it's petty to complain that it's out of tune.

User Info Menu

You know, you can fight this by ignoring the videos and not watching them.

Spreading them around is only making it more popular.

User Info Menu

I'm not sure popularity is the issue. This tech can be exploited by those in charge without regard for what the populace think. For instance, this is a report about the OpenAI folks pitching Sora directly to Hollywood execs. (To my mind, Sora is already producing much more compelling results than in the video the OP presented.)

OpenAI is pitching Sora to Hollywood. - The Verge

Using AI to replace humans in the making of art is one thing, but using it in diplomacy seems like sheer madness. I do wonder if the folks in charge of making the decisions of how to employ this technology have the slightest idea of what's involved:

[2401.03408] Escalation Risks from Language Models in Military and Diplomatic Decision-Making

User Info Menu

Who cares, tv sucks anyways. So do most movies. BOOOOOOORRRRRRIIIIIINNNNNG. What a waste of life. Play more guitar.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBone
    Who cares, tv sucks anyways. So do most movies. BOOOOOOORRRRRRIIIIIINNNNNG. What a waste of life. Play more guitar.
    While you are correct, there are existential risks from AI that should not be ignored. Authoritarianism is on the rise worldwide. Liberal fascism, Islamic fascism and good old fashioned right-wing fascism are all making gains as liberty is being eroded everywhere. Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. I think it is a fair price to pay.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    While you are correct, there are existential risks from AI that should not be ignored. Authoritarianism is on the rise worldwide. Liberal fascism, Islamic fascism and good old fashioned right-wing fascism are all making gains as liberty is being eroded everywhere. Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. I think it is a fair price to pay.
    My hope isn't in this world so it's all irrelevant to me. Meaningless. Our government has been two faced here from it's inception so "liberty" is idle feel good talk from hypocrite leaders. Most people's version of liberty is enslavement to their passions. The USA is actually living out the goal of it's founders, a new world order. A masonic pursuit, the "age of reason". It's written right on the cash NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM. I don't care or worry about what is coming next. It will all be forgotten, never recalled again when I dwell in the joy, peace, and eternal security of the uncreated light. Victory has already been achieved, I'm just waiting the call home.

User Info Menu

She left out Timothy Dalton. And George Lazenby! They, too, were Bond. Let's not forget Peter Sellers!! And David Niven!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    She left out Timothy Dalton. And George Lazenby! They, too, were Bond. Let's not forget Peter Sellers!! And David Niven!!!
    It is an Aston Martin, not a minibus.