The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

Suddenly, everything looks too big on my screen.

I see how to change text size, but not the overall site's appearance.

What am I missing?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Which browser?
    Which computer and OS?
    Does it happen with apps other than your browser?

There were two sizes of print on your posting of 2024 02 29 14:46' "Suddenly, everything" is larger than the rest. Maybe that's a clue?

Quote Originally Posted by dconeill
    Which browser?
    Which computer and OS?

There were two sizes of print on your posting of 2024 02 29 14:46' "Suddenly, everything" is larger than the rest. Maybe that's a clue?
    Chrome. New laptop (HP spectre), but my other usual sites are all normal. Windows 11.

I expected to find a setting for this, but the site doesn't have one. If the OS has one for this site only, I haven't found it.

Quote Originally Posted by dconeill
    Which browser?
    Which computer and OS?

Chrome. New laptop (HP spectre), but my other usual sites are all normal. Windows 11.

I expected to find a setting for this, but the site doesn't have one. If the OS has one for this site only, I haven't found it.

User Info Menu

Try holding the ctrl key down while typing + or -

That will usually scale text in most browsers.

If you have a mouse with a wheel, you can hold ctrl while scrollling the wheel.

ctrl + 0 should reset to default zoom level.

HTH

SJ

Quote Originally Posted by starjasmine
    Try holding the ctrl key down while typing + or -

That will usually scale text in most browsers.

If you have a mouse with a wheel, you can hold ctrl while scrollling the wheel.

ctrl + 0 should reset to default zoom level.

HTH

SJ
    Thanks! That worked!

User Info Menu

Just beat me to it. I prefer using Ctrl and + to the wheel because, if you count the number of times you enlarge it, you can can count backwards using Ctrl and - afterwards. Sometimes it's hard to judge whether it's the right size again after looking at the bigger version.

Sorry, Ctrl and 0 doesn't necessarily bring it back to where it was before. The default may not be how you had it and you'll have to readjust it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    Just beat me to it. I prefer using Ctrl and + to the wheel because, if you count the number of times you enlarge it, you can can count backwards using Ctrl and - afterwards. Sometimes it's hard to judge whether it's the right size again after looking at the bigger version.

Sorry, Ctrl and 0 doesn't necessarily bring it back to where it was before. The default may not be how you had it and you'll have to readjust it.
    Yes, Ctrl+ and Crtl- are essential features for old blokes with bad eyes using these modern computer thingies.

User Info Menu

Also with those sites that haven't mastered the art of making text readable to viewers with normal eyesight!

But - I forgot - it also depends which browser you're using. If doing the Ctrl+ thing doesn't work seek out your browser's instructions.

User Info Menu

I don't have every browser extant, but I do have both Chrome and Firefox installed. On both, if you change the zoom using Ctrl- or Ctrl+, the new zoom is shown in the right end of the search bar, unless it's 100%. Ctrl-0 takes it back to the normal 100%, at least on Linux and ChromeOS. I have no idea what goes on in Windows or whatever OS Apple is using now, nor in whatever browser they supply.

Actually, in Chrome the zoom feature is shown only for a few seconds, then goes away, so you can't easily see what the zoom setting is. In Firefox, it's persistent. It may be a setting somewhere, but I haven't looked for it.