The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

Last edited by princeplanet; 02-19-2024 at 12:00 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Which video? None of them are labelled as an alternate audio from a very famous performance.

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    Which video? None of them are labelled as an alternate audio from a very famous performance.
    Huh? Only one video option comes up when I click the link. Oh, it may not be labelled as such, but if you listen (and I recommend all the way to the end), you'll definitely notice that the audio is, um, different to what we may have expected...

User Info Menu

This is what I see both on this computer and a separate cell phone:

Attachment 108706

A google search is a google page of many entries. This one looks like this. I've reduced the size obviously:

Attachment 108707

So it's not clear at all which video you're talking about. Go to the specific video on its YouTube page and post that link.

User Info Menu

Yes that’s what I see. The first one listed is just some guy going on about his practice routine or something, the next 2 are just those stupid ‘so-and-so shreds’ videos with faked audio overdubbed to make it sound like they couldn’t play or something. Nothing of interest as far as I can see.

User Info Menu

Posting the results of a Google search seems pointless because the results will be different for different people, in different countries, and at different times. Better to post a direct link to a specific video.

Fixed the link, not sure why it was a "google search" to begin with, it wasn't when I copied it...

Probably too late now, anyway. I liked it (I watched it through to the end), you may not ...

User Info Menu

Hooray! Thanks.

Well, I have to say I've seen this many times. Comes up every time you google So What. Not too bad a version, except Coltrane really will just go up and down the same arpeggios. Never been fond of that.

Sorry, pp, don't want to rain on your parade.

Hooray! Thanks.

Well, I have to say I've seen this many times. Comes up every time you google So What. Not too bad a version, except Coltrane really will just go up and down the same arpeggios. Never been fond of that.

Sorry, pp, don't want to rain on your parade.
    You're either pulling my chain, or you didn't really listen.... or....

User Info Menu

As I said before, it’s one of those ‘shred’ videos (as the title says). Whoever uploaded it has futzed with the audio to make it sound like Miles and co. were playing some atonal/free stuff. However they have been a bit more subtle by leaving some of the music unchanged, so it’s not so obvious at first.

User Info Menu

Thank you, Graham, I wondered what they were doing. So presumably 'shred' has stopped meaning just playing but now means comedy versions.

Oh, well, learn something new every day. The commentators on You Tube think it was hilarious. So do I now! Time I caught up :-)

User Info Menu

princeplanet -

Sorry, I've got it now. I've played the genuine article alongside your one and, yes, it's pretty funny. I'm obviously not as familiar with the original as I thought, hence not hearing it to the end when it becomes obvious.

You'll just have to forgive me :-)

princeplanet -

Sorry, I've got it now. I've played the genuine article alongside your one and, yes, it's pretty funny. I'm obviously not as familiar with the original as I thought, hence not hearing it to the end when it becomes obvious.

You'll just have to forgive me :-)
    Hehe, glad you got a kick out of it Yeah it's a "shreds", but it's one of the shrewder shreds! ...