The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 23 of 23

User Info Menu

The only L-5 that I can afford-25ff7baf-9ffd-4c49-9f11-01c3c05b7262-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images The only L-5 that I can afford-1fe00916-8cef-4e03-abef-95121f3dd091-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

So you [w]rap?

User Info Menu

Will last for 1+ year only, but will never ever get out of tune....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hotpepper01
    Will last for 1+ year only, but will never ever get out of tune....
    There is an L5 that will be remain for virtually forever as far as we're concerned. It's in the point gravitationally equal between the moon and the earth. It's been reliably in tune and tastefully balance since even before I was young. It was there even before anyone invented money so it's way cheaper than even a second hand Gibson with a bad neck break.

User Info Menu

You've had one your whole life, it's in your spinal column.
    You can't play it, but if you're not careful it'll play you......

User Info Menu

And the reselling value?

User Info Menu

Not exactly an affordable alternative, but if you're really into air guitar, the Stinson L-5 can be your ticket to soaring lines and lots of space
    (Shout out to the thread on piston driven airplanes)
    The only L-5 that I can afford-screen-shot-2024-02-04-7-09-40-am-png
    And that's the plane truth

User Info Menu

Yeah, but that Stinson is almost as expensive as a Gibson L5.

Lol thanks everyone

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by st.bede
    The only L-5 that I can afford-25ff7baf-9ffd-4c49-9f11-01c3c05b7262-jpg
    Stupid.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pawlowski6132
    Stupid.
    Insightful commentary. Care to elucidate?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy blue note
    Insightful commentary. Care to elucidate?
    No. It's self-evident.

User Info Menu

Help me out here guys. I'm a newbie to these kind of things. How does one tell a stupid tortilla from a smart one? I, for one don't think it's so self evident, but tortillas are new to me.

User Info Menu

Help me out here guys. I'm a newbie to these kind of things. How does one tell a stupid tortilla from a smart one? I, for one don't think it's so self evident, but tortillas are new to me.
    Also stupid.

User Info Menu

Also stupid.
    Cool! I guess this thread shows the diversity on this forum.
    There's something to be learned from all kinds of people.
    The only L-5 that I can afford-screen-shot-2024-02-15-11-04-22-am-png
    Not stupid

User Info Menu

Cool! I guess this thread shows the diversity on this forum.
    There's something to be learned from all kinds of people.
    The only L-5 that I can afford-screen-shot-2024-02-15-11-04-22-am-png
    Not stupid
    That's interesting because, your responses suggest otherwise.

In other words, I replied with my opinion.
    You didn't like it.
    You tried to call me out.
    I don't feel like I can speak freely because YOU don't like it.

Am I getting warm?

If I think something's stupid am I not allowed to say that??? Are we in fourth grade here????

Grow up dude.

User Info Menu

That's interesting because, your responses suggest otherwise.

In other words, I replied with my opinion.
    You didn't like it.

Grow up dude.
    I do have an opinion about proper decorum on forum dedicated to something we have in common, a love for jazz guitar and a feeling that we can be comfortable contributing in our own ways.
    I think I'm more than accepting of people's differing opinions and I hold that our differing informed opinions are what makes this forum unique and such a valuable destination for jazz guitarists all over the world.

I do value constructive criticisms because they open up conversations and are a catalyst for seeing and knowing things we wouldn't otherwise consider in our own worlds. That's the power of this forum.

This thread was a well intended and whimsical look at something that is iconic in jazz guitar: The Gibson L-5. I thought it was playful and added a humourous twist in this well informed group. I personally welcomed the jokes and comments, some were clever and showed the diversity of interests within this group. It was and is a commentary of the varied personalities of this group. It made me smile.

Yes you're entitled to your opinion. I just don't know why you felt the unquenchable urge to jump into this particular pool and shit in it.
    That's an opinion. But to what end are you making this contribution of yours? Do you often jump into threads, post "Stupid", "Still Stupid", tell posters to "grow up" and make no other relevant commentary backing up such a strong opinion? This is the behaviour that one might mistake as trollish behaviour.

Honestly, I'm not saying you're not entitled to your opinion, but all of your posts within this thread have felt belligerent, unnecessarily disruptive and at least in my case, offensive to the spirit of the other posters. I don't see any other constructive contribution.

Maybe it's not within your perception to see my point. Let me just voice my opinion about your posts then: It's a good idea to conduct one's self with some degree of respect in a public forum. That respect says more of one's self than even the content one shares.

User Info Menu

I do have an opinion about proper decorum on forum dedicated to something we have in common, a love for jazz guitar and a feeling that we can be comfortable contributing in our own ways.
    I think I'm more than accepting of people's differing opinions and I hold that our differing informed opinions are what makes this forum unique and such a valuable destination for jazz guitarists all over the world.

I do value constructive criticisms because they open up conversations and are a catalyst for seeing and knowing things we wouldn't otherwise consider in our own worlds. That's the power of this forum.

This thread was a well intended and whimsical look at something that is iconic in jazz guitar: The Gibson L-5. I thought it was playful and added a humourous twist in this well informed group. I personally welcomed the jokes and comments, some were clever and showed the diversity of interests within this group. It was and is a commentary of the varied personalities of this group. It made me smile.

Yes you're entitled to your opinion. I just don't know why you felt the unquenchable urge to jump into this particular pool and shit in it.
    That's an opinion. But to what end are you making this contribution of yours? Do you often jump into threads, post "Stupid", "Still Stupid", tell posters to "grow up" and make no other relevant commentary backing up such a strong opinion? This is the behaviour that one might mistake as trollish behaviour.

Honestly, I'm not saying you're not entitled to your opinion, but all of your posts within this thread have felt belligerent, unnecessarily disruptive and at least in my case, offensive to the spirit of the other posters. I don't see any other constructive contribution.

Maybe it's not within your perception to see my point. Let me just voice my opinion about your posts then: It's a good idea to conduct one's self with some degree of respect in a public forum. That respect says more of one's self than even the content one shares.
    Ok, I guess if I can dish it out, I can take it. Bring it on.

But, please don't think for a second that I care about your judgement or analysis of my post.

I think I'm within the guidelines of this forum. If you don't like it, oh well.

And quit bullying people just cuz you didn't like their post.

User Info Menu

Humor is allowed here, it's not like were talking about something serious like jazz.

User Info Menu

It’s dad humor. It’s supposed to be stupid.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Garrett
    It’s dad humor. It’s supposed to be stupid.
    Yeah, I saw that. I guess some things just get lost in a post. I was smirking when I typed that. I wasn't trying to be cruel. But that Jimmy Blue Note guy just got under my skin so I didn't want to let it go. I'm old enough to know better though. I should have just ignored him. Now I look like an idiot.

I know it's just a silly post.

User Info Menu

Yeah, I saw that. I guess some things just get lost in a post. I was smirking when I typed that. I wasn't trying to be cruel. But that Jimmy Blue Note guy just got under my skin so I didn't want to let it go. I'm old enough to know better though. I should have just ignored him. Now I look like an idiot.

I know it's just a silly post.
    Sorry I irked you. It was a stupid misunderstanding

User Info Menu

Sorry I irked you. It was a stupid misunderstanding
    Agreed!!!!

Thanx.