The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I thought some may be interested in this video

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I would rather she talked about guitars.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Litterick
    I would rather she talked about guitars.
    Full-time YTers make so many vids they need a range of topics. Someone like Mary can't compete with a channel like Andertons who could do 5 new guitar review vids every week. I've seen a lot of Mary vids and while I don't find her music particularly unique or special, I think she does the whole YT content creator job very well. To her credit I've seen clips where she's playing gigs and she's not "Made in Studio only." She can deliver on stage.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Banksia
    Full-time YTers make so many vids they need a range of topics. Someone like Mary can't compete with a channel like Andertons who could do 5 new guitar review vids every week. I've seen a lot of Mary vids and while I don't find her music particularly unique or special, I think she does the whole YT content creator job very well. To her credit I've seen clips where she's playing gigs and she's not "Made in Studio only." She can deliver on stage.
    There's the rub. Her desire for 'monetisation' has taken her from being a musician to a content creator and the employer of three staff. She must produce more content in order to make more money than she pays in expenses. It was all so much simpler when she made videos about her trips to guitar stores.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Litterick
    [FONT=book antiqua]There's the rub. Her desire for 'monetisation' has taken her from being a musician to a content creator and the employer of three staff.
    Another rub: some instruments are more likely to be of use in a job that pays the bills than others?

Having to (become a manager and) stop doing what you love and made you start a career in something just so you can still do a bit of it isn't limited to guitar players...