The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Having dabbled with the Mick Goodrick Almanacs for well over a year now I have found that I enjoy playing in this style that I call Blackhole Bach

I seem to like playing dyads and single notes rather than chords ( many players seem to play like this including Ben Monder and Tim Lerch) though obviously they play chords too.

The Blackhole part comes from the fact that my compositions sound a bit spacey and the Bach part from the fact that many people have commented on my playing saying that I must have heard or studied Bach at some point.

Anyway, I'm having fun with it. It's not jazz, it's not classical, it's Blackhole Bach

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

You'll probably get people pushing back on the name and on the idea of it being "new," but who cares? The clip sounds cool and I'd be interested in hearing more of it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    You'll probably get people pushing back on the name and on the idea of it being "new," but who cares? The clip sounds cool and I'd be interested in hearing more of it.
    Thanks Mr B. Will write more for it for sure.

I remember you liking my Caspian Dream tune too. Though that was more rolling than spacey. Made for a nice intro when playing live though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    You'll probably get people pushing back on the name
    Yeah, black holes are supposed to suck up all sound so where does all the noise come from?

User Info Menu

Black hole is not spacey. It is a point. Very crowded point.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RJVB
    Yeah, black holes are supposed to suck up all sound so where does all the noise come from?
    It comes out the other side of the worm hole

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by emanresu
    Black hole is not spacey. It is a point. Very crowded point.
    You are right on point

Actually I don't think that we can imagine how dense a singularity is. This stuff really blows me away.