The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 27 of 27

User Info Menu

I've recently gone pretty much completely to classical position using both my Dynarette cushion and a footstool. It's really helped. I've even added an acoustic and it's working out. (although I'm curious about the Slinger harness strap posted above).

Fat guitars, sore shoulders-playingleftleg-1400-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

This happened to me too. Currently finishing up a round of PT for my right shoulder, which started over the summer and got steadily worse. Likely was brought on by a combination of hunched shoulders, computer/mousing overuse for work... and was definitely exacerbated by the ES175CC I acquired around that time. Now I can't play it for any length of time without pain, but can play my heritage 575 (very similar body shape but around 12"thinner) for hours. I play both with a strap whether standing or seated. No history of shoulder injuries, although I have history of tendonitis (not currently a problem).

I'm waiting till the PT is done and I have more range of motion back (is already improving) to try the 175 again. I love the sound and the feel of it in my hands, but if my shoulder doesn't agree I guess I'll need to find a home for it.