The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

LoL jeeze Loueeze! Wonder what ever happened to him?

User Info Menu

Tex Ritter was pretty successful.

User Info Menu

Here ya go: Collins Kids talk about performing (2009-05-01) Larry and Lori Collins

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Its exhausting watching it.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Love the sound of his guitar.

I've never been a fan of the guitarists who run around too much. It's exhausting and distracting. Robert Fripp has the right idea. Pull up a chair and smile bemusedly at what everyone else is playing.

User Info Menu

Yes, seen Fripp live with Vai & Satriani. They pranced around like two horned up peacocks while he sat there in a 3 piece suit and a les paul.

User Info Menu

Damn. I can’t get off the stool without stepping on the lead and yanking it out.

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting these. Fascinating right hand technique - particularly Joe's. At around :51 in the Flying Fingers Ranch Party vid, you see him bending his thumb, presumably to change the angle of the pick. Gonna send these videos to Troy Grady :-)

The pick grip and RH technique of both of these guys remind me of Remy Hansen, who is not a jazz guy but has prodigious RH technique that apparently draws from Paul Gilbert, despite what looks to me like a totally different pick grip from PG:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgcim
    I would throw that brat in a trash can.

My performance role model.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiktoktodd
    Yes, seen Fripp live with Vai & Satriani. They pranced around like two horned up peacocks while he sat there in a 3 piece suit and a les paul.
    RF's wife does all the prancing!