The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Sharp eleven website are giving away a bunch of their guitar and sax transcription.Joe Pass,Wes,Jim Hall etc are included and the transciptions are well done and do not look like chicken scratch like some sites.The link is https://www.sharpelevenmusic.com/transcriptions if you are interested.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I know someone else has posted this but the person who benefits most (musically) from the transcription is the one who creates it. One derives a far lesser benefit from off-the- shelf transcriptions. I've done both and can attest to this. The former method sticks with you in many ways (ear training, analysis of what is going on musically, etc). The latter, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by ewall
    I know someone else has posted this but the person who benefits most (musically) from the transcription is the one who creates it. One derives a far lesser benefit from off-the- shelf transcriptions. I've done both and can attest to this. The former method sticks with you in many ways (ear training, analysis of what is going on musically, etc). The latter, not so much.
    Honestly not a big revelation what you said.When i started playing over 50 years ago i learned by putting a needle down on a record over and over again to learn a lick.I think it's great that young guys today have all these sites to help them learning the guitar,i guess you disagree.All i can say is i wish i had been so lucky when i started to have all the resources that are available today.I just posted the link for those who might find it helpful but there always has to be someone like you that turns something positive into a negative.