The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
    Because why not? I asked ChatGPT to write a sample practice schedule for an intermediate jazz guitarist and got this as a result. What do you think?

Of course! Here's a sample practice schedule for an intermediate jazz guitar player. Feel free to adjust the timing and content to suit your specific goals and preferences:

**Day 1: Chord Progressions and Voicings**
    1. Warm-up (5 minutes): Scales and finger exercises.
    2. Chord voicings (15 minutes): Work on different jazz chord shapes and inversions.
    3. Progressions (20 minutes): Practice common jazz progressions (ii-V-I, blues, etc.) using the voicings you learned.
    4. Song (20 minutes): Choose a jazz standard and work on comping (accompanying) using the progressions and voicings from earlier.
    5. Improvisation (15 minutes): Practice soloing over the standard using scales and arpeggios.

**Day 2: Jazz Standards and Repertoire**
    2. Song (30 minutes): Choose a new jazz standard to learn and work on both chords and melody.
    3. Ear training (15 minutes): Transcribe a short jazz phrase or lick by ear.
    4. Comping (15 minutes): Practice comping for the standard you're learning.
    5. Improvisation (15 minutes): Solo over the new standard using scales and arpeggios.

**Day 3: Technique and Rhythm**
    2. Technique (20 minutes): Focus on techniques like alternate picking, legato, and string bending.
    3. Rhythm (20 minutes): Work on rhythm guitar skills, including strumming patterns and syncopation.
    4. Song (20 minutes): Review a previously learned jazz standard and refine your playing.
    5. Jam (15 minutes): Play along with a jazz backing track to practice your rhythm and timing.

**Day 4: Listening and Transcribing**
    2. Listening (30 minutes): Listen to jazz guitar greats and analyze their playing style.
    3. Transcribing (30 minutes): Try to transcribe a short section of a jazz guitar solo or chord progression.
    4. Song (15 minutes): Revisit a favorite jazz standard and play it through.
    5. Improvisation (10 minutes): Practice improvising over the standard you transcribed.

**Day 5: Review and Jam**
    2. Review (30 minutes): Go over the material you practiced earlier in the week.
    3. Song (20 minutes): Choose a jazz standard you enjoy and play it through.
    4. Jam (25 minutes): Jam with other musicians, if possible, or use backing tracks to practice improvisation.
    5. Cool down (5 minutes): Relax and play something soothing to wrap up your practice session.

Remember to adapt this schedule to your own goals and preferences. Consistent practice and gradual progression are key to improving your jazz guitar skills.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I think we should destroy ChatGPT. This kind of AI is going to do more damage than social media.

User Info Menu

I would be wary of AI scheduling advise,
    most AIs don't even know what day it is!

AI: Hello! How can I help you today?

ME:What is the current date and time?

AI: I'm sorry, but as an AI assistant, I don't have access to real-time information. However, you can easily check the current date and time on your device or by doing a quick online search.

ME:Can't you do a quick online search online for the date and time?

AI: I apologize for the confusion. Sure, I'd be happy to help you with that. As of the last time I received an update, the current date and time is [provide date and time]. Please note that this information may not be up-to-date, so it's always best to check on your device or perform an online search to get the most accurate and recent information.

ME:When was your last update?

AI: As a language AI model, I don't have direct access to information or the ability to update myself. My responses are based on a snapshot of data that was taken when I was last trained, which was in October 2021. However, please keep in mind that I do not have real-time information or the ability to update myself with current data.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

ChatGPT has been so helpful for me. And in very different ways.
    Soon, we can't live without such AIs...