The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

awoke to extreme neck pain and burning sensation in my left bicep.

I'll be calling the neuro-surgeon who performed my surgery today to see if I can get in for some imaging...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Best wishes, Jack.

User Info Menu

Good luck, and let us know how you're doing.

thanks, doing much better today. I thought perhaps I had torn a muscle because it felt a lot like when I was recovering and the muscle had been cut away from the bone. But it's so much better today. A few days ago, I couldn't even tie my shoe because my neck couldn't support the weight of my head. I'm still getting some tingling in my left shoulder. That's been going on for a couple weeks. But the pain is almost gone now. Dodged a bullet...

User Info Menu

Glad to hear of it. Don’t hesitate to get a referral to a physical therapist if you’re having ongoing problems.

Long story short—I had a pinched nerve in the neck about 20 years ago, leading to pain and numbness in my fingertips, and I thought I would end up needing surgery. My doc suggested PT, and I did their simple exercises for about 2 weeks and all symptoms completely disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    Glad to hear of it. Don’t hesitate to get a referral to a physical therapist if you’re having ongoing problems.

Long story short—I had a pinched nerve in the neck about 20 years ago, leading to pain and numbness in my fingertips, and I thought I would end up needing surgery. My doc suggested PT, and I did their simple exercises for about 2 weeks and all symptoms completely disappeared.
    I've had horrible luck with PT. I recently had a knee injury which I suspect may be a torn meniscus, but it was diagnosed as arthritis. Twice now, the PT exercises that I was given actually made the injury worse.

User Info Menu

I had spinal surgery in late July (double laminectomy) and asked the doctor's team for a very specific prescription for PT so that the therapists had what needed to be done week to week and how to progress clearly written out. INMO and experience, if you just got to PT they will do what they always do. Also, if you can get to NYU, I can recommend the chief of spinal surgery.