The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 14 of 14

User Info Menu

Stellar morning for a cuppa Joe and my Dupont MC-30. Camping out this week at Lopez Lake. Good spot for Poinciana, the song of the tree!

Do you Practice outdoors?-20230829_101417-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Sometimes I think I can sit on the back porch and practice while my kids play on the swings. But they “hey daddy” the whole time. For some reason, if I sit and do nothing they don’t need me at all

User Info Menu

I used to a lot. But the mosquitos and excessive heat in florida outside made me go practice inside eventually

User Info Menu

I play and practice outside all the time. Just ask my neighbors!

User Info Menu

Some of the buskers in my town seem to be practising outdoors.

User Info Menu

I don't. The weather here just doesn't allow it, other than the two days of nice weather we get in October and April. Weather the past couple of months has been mostly above 100F. But it's a wet heat.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SierraTango
    Stellar morning for a cuppa Joe and my Dupont MC-30. Camping out this week at Lopez Lake. Good spot for Poinciana, the song of the tree!
    I been showing a lot of my jam buddies the chords to Poinciana since they are very basic, but the song has so much space it is fun to solo over those chords.

Quote Originally Posted by jameslovestal
    I been showing a lot of my jam buddies the chords to Poinciana since they are very basic, but the song has so much space it is fun to solo over those chords.
    I like Jimmy B's live version, however Amad Jamal really took Poinciana to another level. Talk about space! My Trumpet/guitar duo plays it often and I always look forward to performing it.

User Info Menu

I was walking the dog last evening at the local arboretum, and off in a field a fellow was playing the bagpipes! This is how I know Harley is old and deaf -- he didn't react when the pipes started up.

User Info Menu

Every chance I get!

User Info Menu

I do quite often, generally in a nearby park. Sometimes I bring an acoustic guitar, sometimes an electric + my Roland MicroCube.

User Info Menu

I go everywhere with a guitar on my back. Waiting for anything, outdoors or indoors, the guitar is in my hands. I'm always playing in the park, great way to meet people and find drug connections (em, not).
    Practice time is fresh when the air is fresh!

User Info Menu

The wheather is very mixed here i Denmark, but right now it's fine - warm and sunny. Nevertheless I don't practice outdoors. Frankly that would be inconsiderate to my neighbors - considering my skills (or rather lack of same).

Do you Practice outdoors?-fb_img_1659565313777-jpg

Many of our gigs are outdoors during the late Spring/Fall. Also, during Summer we have a couple of venues up in the high country where folks go to escape the heat. Of course we are talking California weather and I love performing outdoors on a beautiful day.
    I don't believe any neighbors would be upset with outdoor practice.