The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

On August 18 it will be eight years since he left this Earth suddenly and unexpectedly. He had a strong influence and tone on the forum. He was not shy. Behind that personality he had a wealth of knowledge and a mission to help others.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I never knew him, but feel I have gained so much from his being here.

User Info Menu

Patrick2 (his screen name) warmly welcomed me to this forum when I joined and I am a caretaker of one of his guitars (via Joe Denisco). That guitar gets played every week and keeps Pat Amato in my thoughts. He is gone but not forgotten.

User Info Menu

I did not know him but I have heard stories and they speak well. He seem to really dig achtop guitars......that is cool.

User Info Menu

He could sure be cantankerous (like, really cantankerous) then turn around and be really generous, but we always got along. He knew where I got my old L-5, Cintiolli's Music and we both knew the owner Benny. He'd drive from Jersey to Kalamazoo at the drop of hat to visit Gibson and later Heritage. RIP to him and Benny "how much is it? how much you got?" Cintiolli, they were both unforgettable characters.

ps that shot of him w his band back in the day in their polyester "leisure wear" is burned into my memory, for better or worse

User Info Menu

He helped a lot of people, beyond the norm and behind the scenes.

He was very spirited. As long as the discussion didn't become personal and insulting by the other party, he was a gentleman.

User Info Menu

Every interaction I had with Patrick Amato was totally positive. I learned a ton about archtops and Heritage from Patrick and found him to be a generous and knowledgeable man. I saw him as an ex-Marine (there is no such thing as an 'ex' when it comes to Marines!) who stood his ground when he believed in something. Also, he didn't hesitate to use his writing skills to rip into someone if provoked. Damn he was entertaining!

RIP