The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hey.

Dunno if this idea has been discussed seriously ever, anywhere (probably is - world is large).

Create an easy system where people can buy in to become partial owner of a recorded musical piece.
    Nothing is easy, I know.

It would create a situation where the people, who have bought a share, would be interested to promote it in the real world.

The grand problem is the promotion these days. Well, always has been and will be.

So, if a musician is sitting in a niche market and desperately tries to widen it, this could be a good idea to try out.

----
    I would describe the idea a bit more but it seems like fantasy heh.
    There are those crypto-tokens for such files but that feels kinda.. stupid and seriously limited. There the cash comes
    from trading a piece of of a copy of a real thing - this system doesn't seem to become something really major.

Well, what do you think?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

If you can get Taylor Swift to do one. It’ll be a good way to rip a bunch of people off until it all blows up, like penny stocks.

Probably less work to just apply at Starbucks.

Quote Originally Posted by AllanAllen
    If you can get Taylor Swift to do one. It’ll be a good way to rip a bunch of people off until it all blows up, like penny stocks.

Probably less work to just apply at Starbucks.
    I meant a share of the concrete recording. Separate from authorship of the notes+harmony+lyrics - thats the unsharable part.

And it surely would help a lot the less-famous people. If you already are selling enough, there is less and less reasons to go that road.

You can decide how big part of the share would go - like a typical investment then.

Also, doing this for a few songs would greatly help the rest of the musician's library.

Also, there is no restriction for making another recording that would trump the shared one