The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

We had a new washing machine delivered yesterday. The two guys were pretty gruff and rude, not wanting to do anything more than they absolutely had to. They had to go by our studio, with guitars and amps and keyboards showing, to get to the laundry area. I could feel the loathing and hear the snickering. It was EXACTLY like the song.

Now look at them yo-yo's that's the way you do it
    You play the guitar on the MTV
    That ain't workin' that's the way you do it
    Money for nothin' and chicks for free

Now that ain't workin' that's the way you do it
    Lemme tell ya them guys ain't dumb
    Maybe get a blister on your little finger
    Maybe get a blister on your thumb

We got to install microwave ovens custom kitchen deliveries
    We got to move these refrigerators we gotta move these color TV's

See the little faggot with the earring and the make up
    Yeah buddy that's his own hair
    That little faggot got his own jet airplane
    That little faggot he's a millionaire

I shoulda learned to play the guitar
    I shoulda learned to play them drums
    Look at that mama she got it stickin' in the camera man
    We could have some fun

And he's up there, what's that?
    Hawaiian noises?
    Bangin' on the bongos like a chimpanzee
    Get your money for nothin' get your chicks for free

Listen here
    Now that ain't workin' that's the way to do it
    Play the guitar on the MTV
    Money for nothin' and chicks for free
    Money for nothin' chicks for free
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 07-12-2023 at 06:13 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Yeah, I'll never forget the gig where I was trying out an Ibanez Midi guitar, and the thing literally fell apart right during the first set! I had to drive all the way back to my house, and get another guitar to finish the gig, and when I tried to start the car, my car wouldn't start, and I had to call a car service that kept me waiting outside in my tux for half an hour.
    It was one of those small group high pressure country club gigs, and this stoner pulls up and does a double take, and then I loaded up and we were off.

What was the first song that came on his blaring radio? "MONEY FOR NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    AGH!!!!!!!
    I said to the guy, "OH, that's a great song to hear right now." He thought for a few minutes, and then said, "Oh, I get it."
    He offered to turn it off, but I told him it was alright.
    When I showed up at the gig, the leader gave me a look that almost killed me. He was the owner of the business, and could've fired me right on the spot, but the fact that he didn't showed me that he needed me more than I needed him. I got a ride home from the drummer
    Just imagine if "Money or Free" was playing while those guys were loading that stuff in, Woody!

User Info Menu

Philip Glass:

"While working, I suddenly heard a noise and looked up to find Robert Hughes, the art critic of Time magazine, staring at me in disbelief. 'But you're Philip Glass! What are you doing here?' It was obvious that I was installing his dishwasher and I told him I would soon be finished. 'But you are an artist,' he protested. I explained that I was an artist but that I was sometimes a plumber as well and that he should go away and let me finish."

I had an electrician neighbor come over to do some work recently. Really nice friendly young man. We were chatting after he finished up, and the conversation drifted towards our jobs. I told him that in addition to being a musician, I just retired from an unrelated field in academia. Then he told he he was actually a Doctor of Physical Therapy, and had gone to the same university where I worked. As a teen he dabbled in electrical work assisting his electrician father. So while he was working in PT he earned his electricians license. Now he's a full time electrician, and loves it, much more than doing PT.