The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Leonid & Friends is exceptionally talented, and have covered Chicago, Earth Wind and Fire, and a bevy of 70’s music. Leonid transcribes the music.

As a retirement present to himself, a bassist, Leonid gathered top Russian and Ukrainian musicians taking them into the studio to record one single Chicago tune. But they had so much fun they decided to do another, and yet another. They decided to form a permanent band, and the rest is history.

They’re so popular they’re currently on their 3rd USA tour!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Been following them for a few years now. Really cool stuff IMHO. I think they have some Steely Dan, too.

User Info Menu

Thank you for posting this!

Art is an emanation of human beings, not of nations...

Quote Originally Posted by lammie200
    Been following them for a few years now. Really cool stuff IMHO. I think they have some Steely Dan, too.
    Yes, and their Chicago is impeccable!

And Tower of Power!

Their Chaka Kahn is Smokin’!!!

Ksenya Buzina is a STAR!

Here’s something you’ve never seen.

Chicago & EWF, playing together as one Superband!

Anyway, I believe this was their first cover, 8 years ago, featuring Leonid, the bass player, singing and playing piano!

User Info Menu

Somebody was just asking me a few days ago what my first concert was. I am pretty sure it was Chicago back before they started really going softer. Maybe ‘74 or ‘75. I used to love Make Me Smile and one of the things I can remember was watching Kath and the horns play it. They must have done 25 or 6 to 4 and Dialogue as well. I do remember a very long unstructured jam and a Seraphine drum solo. There wasn’t a lot of sap back then but Cetera did sing one or two ballads that the girls went crazy for. I remember their reactions more than the songs. It was a long show and we got our money’s worth.